Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

This is the lounge....ROLEX FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am going to sell my new Rolex...

I have a bran new Rolex Submariner SS...

The rolex comes with all Papers,, including Rolex box..

This is a nice Rolex.. Wore it 1x and never got the links adjusted..

If you want to see a pic of it, Email me and I will send you a pic.

It of course comes with the official Rolex certificate...
I can use the money in other places right now..

Asking $4,000 FIRM>.....No Offers.....

If you are interested, Please send me a email.

Thanks

Domain Summit 2024

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HA HA HA....GOOD TRY>>>>>Let me think about that..

OH....No,,, I pass.

Thanks

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg--maybe we can start a separate forum for this kind of thing--and take 10% off the top for all sales.

Sounds reasonable doesn't it? :D

L

lhague

...I have one I bought in Saudi Arabia, 22k gold, paperwork is in Arabic though, may have to get DotComster to translate! :swg:

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
name Popper....THat sounds like a great idea,, But please wait until I sell my Rolex...LOL

As far as my Rolex goes,, I will use escrow for the transaction... I will fully guarntee it being lagit and It comes with all official papers..

Thanks

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
name Popper....THat sounds like a great idea,, But please wait until I sell my Rolex...LOL

As far as my Rolex goes,, I will use escrow for the transaction... I will fully guarntee it being lagit and It comes with all official papers..

Thanks

You don't mind using EscrowPlus.com? ;)

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them, However if it is a true escrow service, Then yes I will use any escrow service the buyer wants to go through...

I have never used escrow so I dont know fee's... But I will split the fees with the buyer.

Thanks

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
I am going to sell my new Rolex...
I have a bran new Rolex Submariner SS...
The rolex comes with all Papers,, including Rolex box..
This is a nice Rolex.. Wore it 1x and never got the links adjusted..
If you want to see a pic of it, Email me and I will send you a pic.
It of course comes with the official Rolex certificate...
I can use the money in other places right now..
Asking $4,000 FIRM>.....No Offers.....

If you are interested, Please send me a email.
Thanks

You are asking for retail, on what has now become a used, although Extra Fine Sub Date. Pretty hard to get retail money, especially since you aren't a registered dealer, and if the papers aren't signed by a registered Rolex auth. retailer warranty is void.

Why would anyone pay retail? More reasonable for the Sub Date, depending on model number, serial range, year and what state the papers are in, would be in the order of $3K +.

Make sure all stickers are also in tact on the back of the watch, otherwise value is further reduced. Sorry to say, but your $4K firm, just won't work on anyone but a sucker ... :rolleyes:

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well here is the best news...

The watch still has the sticker on the back... The watch is BRAN new... I got the thing less than a month ago...

The Papers and Rolex wallet and ROlex Box are in MINT condition, Signed, And has A 1 YEAR warranty with it..

The watch has all the red tags hanging from it and has Only been worn 1x for, I would say less than 30 minutes... To big for me...

I am asking retail, because it is worth retail.. Rolex's go up in value anyhow.. So the year should not be important..

As far as the submariner goes,, They are the most common Rolex out there...

The appraisal for the watch was At $4200.00 USD

Why should I sell under since rolex goes up in value...
If only a sucker is going to buy it, Then I must of been a sucker as well....,.....

Thanks

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
Well here is the best news...

The watch still has the sticker on the back... The watch is BRAN new... I got the thing less than a month ago...
The Papers and Rolex wallet and ROlex Box are in MINT condition, Signed, And has A 1 YEAR warranty with it..
The watch has all the red tags hanging from it and has Only been worn 1x for, I would say less than 30 minutes... To big for me...
I am asking retail, because it is worth retail.. Rolex's go up in value anyhow.. So the year should not be important..
As far as the submariner goes,, They are the most common Rolex out there...
The appraisal for the watch was At $4200.00 USD
Why should I sell under since rolex goes up in value...
If only a sucker is going to buy it, Then I must of been a sucker as well....,.....
Thanks

Rolex do NOT go up in value. They "retain" a good portion of their value relative to some other high end watches. This also depends on the specific model, and demand worldwide or scarcity in one market vs. another. The RARE exception would be a rare S/S model from time to time like the Daytona or Rolex Explorer 1, along with the McQueen Orange Hand Explorer II, etc.

Sub Dates are a time a dozen, and sold by dealers in used (which yours is frankly) since "new" can only be for a watch purchased unworn, from an Authorized Dealer, for the figures that I quoted you. In fact, since 9/11 many Authorized dealers are discounted Sub Dates, GMT IIs, Exp. IIs, and ALL SS/18KT or 18KT Datejusts, Presidents, etc., significantly. Also, US list prices are higher than those in Europe, although Rolex adjusted pricing last Sept. 15, 2001 to rationalize worldwide pricing. Still, European prices are 15-20% lower on average.

You are talking with someone who knows Rolex (along with Patek, AP, Vacheron, IWC, JLC, Omega, Panerai, etc.) very, very, very, very, very well! :D

Not slagging your watch, but trying to let you know what you should expect realistically. You're not sitting on a gold mine as it were ....

BTW, papers must be signed by an Authorized dealer. Rolex USA will check against its logs to ensure if this is the case, and invalidate the warranty if there is a question of provenance. PacificTime is NOT authorized (as you may know) .... so your watch is technically grey market ... as far as Rolex USA would be concerned ...

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you know watches..

However the watch was not purchased through pacific time.. The name on the certificate is

Holzman Hlrs Inc.

For Rolex Watch USA INc...665 Fifth Avenue New York. New York, 10022

It has the officially certified chronometer Swiss apporoval....

Has a Full One Year Warranty for the official chrononmeter Rolex..

Is that through a authorized dealer.. As I checked and they are listed as a authorized dealer through Rolex...

Also, How would someone Know that I wore it for 30 Min,, except from me being honest..

They cant tell... The watch was worn in my house for 30 min or so the day I got it..

SO how much do you think I can be able to sell this watch for... I heard that Rolex's go up in value.. The older they are the more they are worth?

What About my appraisal... $4200.... What does that mean, if I can not get that much for it??

Thanks

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
Sounds like you know watches..

Yup, and I know squat about watches, so there goes GregR's conspiracy theories.

S'okay, NameBox knows nuffin about domains.... :sad: :dead: :D

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namebox

What should I expect to get out of this Rolex.. Meaning USD...$$$

thanks

D

DomainNameFactory

Well retail is crazy...why buy from you if I can go to my local dealer and by new for same amount with no risk.

I would say if the buyer is local and can come look at it BEFORE he buys, I would say 65%-75%. If the buyer is too far away to see it BEFORE he buys I would say 40%-50%

IMHO

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See what ebay is selling it for. That would probably be a realistic expectation. And since you probably are going to have to take a significant loss by selling the watch, why don't you just keep it and wear it instead?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DnPowerful

Yup, and I know squat about watches, so there goes GregR's conspiracy theories.

S'okay, NameBox knows nuffin about domains.... :sad: :dead: :D

My understanding is that with multiples each personality can have their own knowledge base. Psychology experts, correct me if I'm wrong. :D

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As Long As 1 of those 3 will buy my Rolex, I will be happy...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators