Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Time for a change in "Todays Posts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I had some extra time and thought I'd break down the content in Todays Posts. This was not done to degrade the forum in anyway but instead to try and improve it, It's a problem that really needs to be addressed and fixed.

Of course when I use the word "worthless" that's my OPINION, I will not post any names.

Of the 50 results displayed, we had the following;

34 Threads of worthless domains listed in Domains for Sale...
2 Threads with external links to yet more worthless domains
1 worthless domain posted for sale in the "Other" section.
2 Afternic sale threads posted in the Exclusive domains for sale, (may or may not have value)
1 Domain in Adult for Sale section that was quite vulgar, Poster didn't have the decency to censor it in the title.
1 decent but overpriced dot org posted in domain brokerage

41 domains for sale in total.

Other:

1 Chinese appraisal for a IDN.
2 DomainGang threads " The National Inquirer of Domaining"
1 Platinum Lounge post from a newb asking for assistance but received none.
3 Gold Cafe posts that I found interesting.
1 Godaddy post for discount codes that seldom work.
1 Domain appraisal for a LLNN.com

You can do what I did, Give it try and see what the results are.

I can see where creating a separate section for domain sales would drastically reduce the number of posts we see, so the question is; Do we want Quantity OR Quality?

Upvote 0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well, 'today's posts' are just that: posts made today. I usually go through the 'latest posts' several times a day and visit the threads I am interested it; this way I get updates via email.

Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, 'today's posts' are just that: posts made today.
Um, yeah...imagine that. Today's posts are today's posts. That is a real creative way of logging on and seeing today's posts. Stroke of genius, Adam and Admin and all who gave before ye and created this site.

How about a New Post button?

Holy Moly!! You read my mind and put it on the forum even before I could get done typing!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, 'today's posts' are just that: posts made today. I usually go through the 'latest posts' several times a day and visit the threads I am interested

Right, all posts are lumped into one section, Think of how nice it would be visit those threads without having to sift through domains for sale. It's like having classified ads posted on the front page of a newspaper, subscriptions would of course decline as a result, just as membership activity is on the decline.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just use a feed reader, subscribe to the forums you're interested in.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just use a feed reader, subscribe to the forums you're interested in.

I never used one, any suggestions?

By the way, dont think I forgot about your other post. :)

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Somebody else probably can give you a better answer. I tried them out before, just too much info, overload. I think I used NewsGator at the time. I know they have stand alone applications, or you can use Google, get a Firefox add on etc.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Original post translated and interpreted to display the OP's thought processes:

Yesterday I had some extra time (1. because I don't have a job) and thought I'd break down (2. and attack the forum members who posted in) the content in Today's Posts. This was not done to degrade the forum (3. yet it was done to degrade the forum and forum members) in (4. every way) but (5. instead to provide me yet another platform to launch personal attacks). (6. It is a problem when I see members whom I do not like, “like” each other's threads and are friend of one another).

Of course, when I (7. use the word “wothless” that's my opinion and no one else can have an opposing opinion since I am the one who started this thread)...

Last edited:

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honestly,
I like Raider, and I,ll tell you why...she tells it like she sees it, some of you might say its from the view point of a child or such, but I dare to differ. Sometimes...no thats all I got!
Lov Ya Raider :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think...

if members want quality over quantity, then they should make every effort to bring more quality posts to the table.

even if you aren't selling or buying, are you making the effort to answer, respond or contribute to threads in a way that illicits further "stimulating" conversation?

that adds quality and sets examples for others to follow.

but i view "new posts' first, then dive down the threads of interest.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not nearly as useless as those crappy mobi's you were selling.
I thought you were banned. Welcome back. I have no issue with Raider.

I agree Mobi's are useless as well (except for 4xing my investment in them)...great analogy with this thread topic though...good stuff.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I vouch for creating a new link, "Yesterday's Posts" that only displays posts from yesterday; this way the most important threads of today stay pure.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought you were banned. Welcome back. I have no issue with Raider..

I actually was, it was for the same reason Tedgeman described, "telling it like I see it"... Fortunately this forum is blessed with a owner who recognized it was a mistake and made it right, Not at my request BTW.

Yesterday I had some extra time (1. because I don't have a job)

Translation;

After typing 17,000 posts on DNF and more on other forums & blogs, (basically sitting in a chair growing bed sores on his ass for over 5 years) I got my certification and now I have a job, LOOK AT ME! And now I can criticize those who I "think" don't have a job, (but actually do)

I'll have to re-check, but I believe I'm subscribed to about 8 forums and a dozen blogs, I have to say that out of all of these, DNF is the only one inundated with cynical assholes like yourself, Maybe it's because it's a paid forum and you feel you can do whatever you want, or maybe it's because the rules are too lax around here and the mods see some value in the bullshit you post, whatever the reason is, one thing is for certain, When the times comes and your at the gates of hell, your going to leave this world drowning in your own misery or your own vomit.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Inspiring example of quality posts in this thread...

If one doesn't practice what they preach, then rants like these..... well, they do become useless.

There is a fine line between "telling it like it is" and being abusive. The second one is not so respectable. I guarantee if you weren't hiding behind an anonymous handle and cartoon picture you wouldn't be so "telling it like it is".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom