Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Time for the people to speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam, I have only a few main suggestions (and I've made a few of them to you before):

1) Get Retail buyers to the auctions

2) Get Retail buyers to the site

3) Let Retail buyers purchase from the sales threads

4) We are all here to make a profit, so how about some retail buyers?

5) Personally, I think our existing mods are doing ok. Maybe a little more "hands on" moderating would help. Maybe the banned people could be given a "provisional" chance to rehabilitate, except for the really offensive ones!

6) I agree that DNF$ is an underdeveloped GOLDMINE! It's unfortunate that the value has been "fixed" rather than letting the open market set the price. Anyone remember the DNF$ Exchange? Very cool bid/ask system. It COULD become a "currency"! Maybe we all need more and better ways to "earn" DNF$. More for every post! Have DNF$ in every auction! 500 for every referal! 500 for a valid linkback! 10 for every completed sale done on the site! Whatever it takes to get the DNF$ flowing!

I've seen DNF$ go for as much as $.015 per unit and as cheap as $.008. Are we free market capitalists or aren't we?

7) FIX the domains wanted thread. Stop relying on people's "good will" and get someone to seriously monitor it! I think most people have stopped taking it seriously. It COULD be a very valuable and profitable thread, but requires serious moderation. I and several others offered to focus on this intently, but we were ignored!

8) Please don't let the live auction die! As far as I know, it's the ONLY one on the internet! It needs TLC, promotion and RETAIL BUYERS, LOL! Maybe have it once a month instead of every week. Maybe allow DNF$ bids. HIDE the reserve price so people will BID! The owner might decide to contact that guy who underbid by 5 bucks and ANOTHER SALE takes place!

9) I suggested a newsletter to you before. There may be people who would be willing to put it together for free, or for DNF$! Outsiders can sign up! It is a great marketing tool! Might bring in Retail Buyers! We could buy ad space! Sell more memberships! Advertise special promotions!

10) Let me help you.

I could go on, but my fingers are getting tired, and I have a website design to try and finish tonight! Adam, I WARNED you I was an idea guy! :)

I am very happy you are seeking input from us, your humble friends and trusted allies! We ARE the people. :)

Best Regards,
WebCat

Domain Summit 2024

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
1) Get Retail buyers to the auctions

2) Get Retail buyers to the site

3) Let Retail buyers purchase from the sales threads

4) We are all here to make a profit, so how about some retail buyers?

I very much agree with those. I sent suggestions similiar to those in an email I sent to him. I think it would be great to do.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
7) FIX the domains wanted thread. Stop relying on people's "good will" and get someone to seriously monitor it! I think most people have stopped taking it seriously. It COULD be a very valuable and profitable thread, but requires serious moderation. I and several others offered to focus on this intently, but we were ignored!

Very much agree with this.... it is a joke, old threads are always being brang up even if the user has alreday stated they found a name & people are continuously posting names that are in no way related to the specifications to what the poster wants.

Fix this section whatever you do, add more mods or whatever is needed.... then it might start turning into something more respectable looking. :)

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cyphix
Very much agree with this.... it is a joke, old threads are always being brang up even if the user has alreday stated they found a name & people are continuously posting names that are in no way related to the specifications to what the poster wants.

Fix this section whatever you do, add more mods or whatever is needed.... then it might start turning into something more respectable looking. :)
Hey Cyphix! Excellent point, well said! Out in the non-DNF world, this is all I do! I solve problems for my clients, support their endeavors and untangle their twists.

There's always two ways to approach a broken thing- One is to FIX it, the other is to make up reasons why it needs to stay broken. Personally, I prefer number one! :)

WebCat

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have a top of the domains section where everybody can list her / his top 5 names or so and people can vote on which one is the best so that people actually looking to spend $xx k on a name can go through the list and see the best names / projects!

start a german version of dnforum that is more active than mine :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

best regards
nico

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abusiveelusive
DNForum & WHT partnership would be awesome.

No it wouldn't. I don't want to see a watered-down version of this forum.
I don't understand this "original content" proposal. How do you define "original content"? Surely every post that a member makes is original content.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's no need for a watered-down version of the forum, a simple process of strongly promoting each others forum is all that is needed.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes retail buyers would be great but how would you get them here.

Sedo/AfterNic would never allow adverts on their sites that came here, it would directly kill thier members.

Adam, wanna buy Sedo? :)

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF Registry (enom model)
• Could be managed/owned by DNF or
• Co-operative (member owned)
• Registry services open to DNF Platinum members
• Name registry @ 10% above cost
• Private Drop Club-open to DNF Registry Partners (if a co-operative) or (platinum members if not)
• Sedo type domain name auction site
Co-operative: DNF would administer the registry. Partners buy equal shares.

Many ways it could work. This is just two possibilities.

Cheers
Sharpy

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only way to get more buyers to this forum is to remove the memberships. You need more people to actually be able to post in that section. If you kill off the memberships then you are going to have to hand out a lot of refunds.

I love the co-owned registry idea but I could see a lot of bitching and complaining if too many members are co-owners. You would definetly have to have a serious TOS if you wanted in on the registry.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, get us retail buyers please
Could we also have some internet newbies please

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree on the retail buyers.... there are a lot of members here that are experience & know how to find end users but also many that don't, like myself lol

Also, excellent idea Sharpy on the private drop club!

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how about adding the following to the rewards store:
i see that not all advertising spaces are sold yet! how about letting us buy those spaces for dnf bucks for 5 day periods instead of a whole month?
best regards
nico

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
private drop club = great idea!!!

maybe do a pool type system if possible....$10 per name :-D

its easy to request retail buyers, but its hard to find them

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no more bidding drop systems plz!!

Would like to do something like buydomains has with it's private connections. Each member who is interested pays fees which would end up being not too much if many people are interested.

How you give the names out is when it gets confusing.... round robin?

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
A few suggestions:

1) Bring back the lottery. It was fun.
2) Weekly / Monthly / Quarterly (or whtaever interval) prize giveaways. People can buy tickets for XXX DNF per entry.
3) Private DNF drop system - allow people to backorder. If the name is caught, then you buy tickets to enter the drawing for the "giveaway" (1000 per entry, which is $10 at the current exchange rate) of the name (perhaps this is too close to raffles and gambling).

4) I think somebody eluded to it before - Allow members to advertise on the titlebars for XXXX DNF for a week (or whatever structure you decide).

-Bob

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All great info, keep it coming , i am working on implementing many of these changes this week.

As far as retail buyers , if you guys no a place to advertise to get them , I will do it. I want you to sell more domains and for much higher $, basically, I want YOU to succeed.

I am going through the rest of ideas and implementing many this week.

-=DCG=-

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A grabbing service on DNF like namewinner, where bids are finalized BEFORE they drop. Pool is great for the really deep pockets...but tough on us middle of the road guys.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Edwin
Put in VB hacks to:-

A) Disallow bumping in the Sales section i.e. no matter how many replies are posted, threads stay in the order their first posts were posted

B) Limit new threads to once every 24 hours, per registered member

AFAIK hacks exist for both of the above and they would make the Sales section much more approachable, as well as enforcing the existing rules more effectively than relying on moderators since the 24-hour rule, for instance, would be 100% effective!

AGREE.

These hacks are very easy.
I wrote my own hack to do this task.
Just need to edit 2 files and some lines.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod

As far as retail buyers , if you guys no a place to advertise to get them , I will do it.

-=DCG=-

I'm not sure if this idea is viable, but I'll throw it in the ring anyway. Set up a system like domainsponsor. Members forward the names they want to sell to a specially configured dnforum page containing several search options for your own impact sites, with the greatest emphasis on dnforum. A part of the page will consist of the owners dnforum membership username such as "if you would like to contact this member in regards to this domain, join up ( to dnforum) here...." Members who redirect their names receive revenue from clicking on your Impact sites links and also affiliate commission if one of the clickers pays to join the forum.
This would certainly bring in targeted retail customers.
Again, whether it's financially viable or not that is something you'd have to work out. The idea probably needs a bit of tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators