Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld Today's TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the worst part is that the bid prices have gone up at some TBR registrar places because there has been some jockeying/posturing on price - so another week more increases

A very good point cause the auction fails why the heck did they not lock the bidding it was not flawed...they keep running ...they should have locked the bidding part it wasn't glitched, and if they are going to re-bid than start back at zero.

and if they don't add more names to the TBR list it might be easier on everyone.... especially the new and improved Cira system LOL :pound:

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

zerokarma

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do like the idea of a massive drop, it has sort of a novelty and excitement to it like when Lotto Max is at $50million+

That being said if CIRA are not able to handle it then they should break it up into smaller drops, drop 5,000 each week until the surplus is gone instead of trying to drop 25,000+ all at once.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At least we have the ability through myid TBR interface to only check the new domains on Nov 24 without them being mixed with those of Nov 17. Could you imagine sifting through 35,000 domains?

Can you give details - I can't see it?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Multiple related IP's guys - that's the reason. Several registrars operating under the same IP. Very late in the day for CIRA to discover the obvious.

flong101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you give details - I can't see it?

Here's from MyID website:

TBR session for Nov 17 has been canceled. All Nov 17 domains will be added to Nov 24 session.
The full list of Nov 24 domains will be updated on MyID.ca on Sunday. At that time, we'll have a filtering function that would allow the search and navigation of all domains that were not part of Nov 17 drop and so you won't have to go through 35,000 domains.

http://www.myid.ca/tbr/bidding.php

They did the same for Nov 17 and on Sunday we were able to filther the list and only browse the domains that were added sincev Nov 10 or Nov 3.

So right now you can backorder domains from Nov 17 drop and on Sunday we'll supoosedly be able to browse and backorder the newly added domains.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Multiple related IP's guys - that's the reason. Several registrars operating under the same IP. Very late in the day for CIRA to discover the obvious.

One might even say very late in the decade.

This does call to mind yet another comparison to DENIC: that group only allows one registry registrar per entity, with more than one being grounds for automatic removal of that registrar.

CIRA nods and winks while registrars set up multiple dummy RARs since it collects more money this way.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One might even say very late in the decade.

This does call to mind yet another comparison to DENIC: that group only allows one registry registrar per entity, with more than one being grounds for automatic removal of that registrar.

CIRA nods and winks while registrars set up multiple dummy RARs since it collects more money this way.
Same as Nominet (UK). But CIRA has piss-poor tech actually, and an incoherent registrar policy.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same as Nominet (UK). But CIRA has piss-poor tech actually, and an incoherent registrar policy.

Amen to that.

Perhaps CIRA intends to ape the UK with a foundation and whatnot.

By the way, I did like the posting of a letter with scratch-off code that Nominet used to do; it was a nice 'touch point' for the ordinary Joe or Jane since they can file it away or pin it to the wall as a reminder to renew their one domain.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, a lot of 3L's this week

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anything yet??? Any cancellation notices??

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont think it worked today - they should have all droped by 3:00pm (EST) i would think

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From a registrar's perspective, CIRA's TBR servers responded that our TBR registrations were accepted (the ones we managed to get), however we still don't have control of them in the EPP system - their status still shows "TBR".

Hopefully this will be updated soon...

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i checked a non-value name (100pour100sport.ca) as a sample to see if its available and its not - so im not sure if they were successful -

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if anyone has any info if they were dropped or not please post

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

if anyone has any info if they were dropped or not please post

they should just press the drop button and get on with life

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From a registrar's perspective, CIRA's TBR servers responded that our TBR registrations were accepted (the ones we managed to get), however we still don't have control of them in the EPP system - their status still shows "TBR".

Hopefully this will be updated soon...

I can understand CIRA not keeping the Registrants up to date on this TBR, but they should be communicating with the Registrars like yourself frequently and in detail. Please keep us updated as you learn more, it is appreciated.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sibername has some of my names in auction already, so the TBR must have gone through. Usually they have a results list by now, but maybe delayed because of the large list. CIRA still shows domains I checked as being in today's TBR, so no update there yet. Give it a little more time. MyID not showing me any results yet.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TBR went through OK. The size of the drop and the process CIRA uses is causing the delay. They hope to have it cleared by tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom