Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

TRAFFIC Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip,

hehe, my mistake. I want to make correction.
"I sent entire premium list from my portfolio."
:heh:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if they are planning to offer entire portfolios rather than only individual names?

If not, it would be good if they added that capacity where your portfolio could be offered in bulk with a reserve price since I know some domainers prefer to sell their network and there are portfolio buyers out there like ireit and buydomains.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte,

I just got email from moniker with agreement form and I am getting nervous.

1. You never let me know which name will be listed for auction. I sent my entire portfolio and of course, I don't expect all of them to be listed. You have only a week and I think I have the right to know which domain of mine will be listed or not.

2. For God's sake why do yopu need 180 days exclusive rights? If you let me know the exact name to be listed, I will consider but you are asking exclusive right for all domains I've submited.

Hi Monte,

180 days? We are only selling our names during TRAFFIC conference and not to the extent of your new business venture (marketplace). If the domain was not sold, most of the domain names will go back on sale in DNFORUM, SEDO or AFTERNIC.

We need clarification please, that these domains is only for TRAFFIC conference auction period only.

Why 180 days? instead of 1 week Traffic duration.

Thank you,
Em

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chois-

You can change the Exclusivity agreeement to 30 days minimum as we would need an exclusive for the term of the auction, plus a reasonable amount of time after to take care of any issues with ownership changes and transfers. In addition to discouraging deals that could happen as a result of Moniker and Traffic East Marketing efforts, as has happened in the past. Leaving the agreement at 180 days does allow it to qualify for 5 additional live Auction events in 2007 and listings in the Moniker Marketplace Pro System –which will be one of the most active aftermarket sales sites in the industry as it will be the primary interface for all the aftermarket services we provide and the auction events in 2007.

In regard to the names that will be on the final list and now that your names have been submitted the next step is that the Audience/Conference attendees will be given a unique login, which will allow them to view and vote on the domains they would be interested in bidding on. Therefore the top 200 + names with the best reserves and traffic will most likely get voted into the live auction, the next level of top vote getters (5,000 +) will be in the silent auction - which will be available for bidding for the duration of the conference.

John A. Mauriello

[email protected]

954-984-8445 (office)
800-688-6311 (toll free)
954-969-9155 (fax)
AIM: monikermaurie
MSN: [email protected]

www.Moniker.com- ICANN Accredited Domain Asset Management Services

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
John Mauriello,

Thanks for your comment.
However, at least, I need to know which names of mine you are considering.
You see, I have my names parked at sedo, aftenic and dnforum, etc. By signing agreement, I must temporary pull off names from those for-sale lists. If you can assure me the specific names to be listed, I can sign and transfer to moniker. Even 180 days will be OK but only for those you can assure.
If you don't, it is going to be a blindfold date.

Thanks again for your comment.

chois

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
180 days?

Can I get it for longer?

~Wired

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Exclusivity agreement only will apply to the names that make it into the actual Live and Silent auctions. We will be able to tell you the actual names that made it into the auctions, & those that had bid interest and were sold, the week following the Auctions.

John A. Mauriello

[email protected]

954-984-8445 (office)
800-688-6311 (toll free)
954-969-9155 (fax)
AIM: monikermaurie
MSN: [email protected]

www.Moniker.com- ICANN Accredited Domain Asset Management Services

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This entire process is confusing. I submitted one name to be auctioned off, and didn't have to submit an exclusitivity agreement. I just had to fill out the excel spreadsheet.

I still don't know if my name is going to auctioned off.
The communication is horrible...

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if they are planning to offer entire portfolios rather than only individual names?

If not, it would be good if they added that capacity where your portfolio could be offered in bulk with a reserve price since I know some domainers prefer to sell their network and there are portfolio buyers out there like ireit and buydomains.

I submitted a grouping of handheld keyword domains and a grouping of smartphone keyword domains for review. There was a way in the spread for sellers to group domains together any way they wish so long as there was one acceptable starting price.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So Moniker's new Marketplace Pro system will also require an exclusivity agreement?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
submitted some heard nothing. we're in too much of a rush. let's see what happens at traffic & the premium auction & hopefully the punters will be looking to bag some in the coming months.
kerrching!!!
Pred :photo:

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
submitted one yesterday and got a reply within an hour..

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe mine weren't premium enough!
what email did you send to again, just to check.
ta, Pred :smash:

Reaction score
Yes sorting through 40K names is confusing. Just bare with us folks...As stated, its no easy task putting it all together but it will happen.

Obviously not all names will make either the live or the silent auction for this event but there are 5 live events for 2007 and our new marketplace pro opens next week with tons of interest.

the combo of live, silent and marketplace transactions will attrack tons of interest for everyone.

Fearless - I would stay quiet at this point....you would not want me to let everyone know that you actually tried to submit names to the live action after all the spap you shelled out early on in this thread. I won't tell anyone though....our secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom