Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Unread posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Normally when I get up in the morning there are between 2-5 pages of unread posts dating back from when I went to bed (using the link near the top right - "XX unread posts since your last visit" etc).

This morning, there were 17 pages ranging from the morning of the 25th.:eek:

It seems that where it used to only go from your last visit / activity if there is an extended amount of time away to showing a lot - I don't know how long this will go, if it will go further from the 25th.

Edit: And this one doesn't show up in the unread posts (or is it the "read posts disappear" bug?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No. If I make a post, it won't show up on my screen but it will on everyone else's. If someone else does, it will come up on mine. In other words, the problem lies in the behavior of the subscribed threads.

I

impactadmin

Well yes, but if you make a post technically it is already read by you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The previous behavior kept the thread in the general index by order of timestamp: the fresher posts up top. Now, when you make a post the thread is removed from the index of new posts altogether (for each user individually) and exists only in the subscribed threads under the User CP. Does it make sense?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The previous behavior kept the thread in the general index by order of timestamp: the fresher posts up top. Now, when you make a post the thread is removed from the index of new posts altogether (for each user individually) and exists only in the subscribed threads under the User CP. Does it make sense?

Yep. I also used this so I could go back to threads if I needed to. Before if I read a post it stayed in the "unread" posts list but wasn't bold (like the actual unread ones were).

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep. I also used this so I could go back to threads if I needed to. Before if I read a post it stayed in the "unread" posts list but wasn't bold (like the actual unread ones were).

yes...this is how we were..and how all other forums are as well....

I

impactadmin

Ok, I will see what I can do but at this time this is how it stands as that was the updated code from vbulletin and the newest available hack.

If it changes I will update it.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so...this issue will not be getting fixed??

I

impactadmin

I can see if we can get something custom for this but as of now no. Its not really an issue as the hack is supposed to really only show unread posts. As it is now the system shows only unread posts and any that you view will dissappear as technically it is a viewed thread.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Huss....

what caused this to happen?...recent upgrade?.....i find it hard to believe that this will happen to every single other vbulletin forum that goes thru this upgrade.....:(

I

impactadmin

Yes it was an upgraded version of this software as the previous one was old and outdated with some security holes.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so...that means that this new upgraded version cannot show the posts like the last version did??

I

impactadmin

Tony,

If the option was there, believe me I would enable it for you.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know Huss.......just hate/not liking/not used to this new "look"

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

EEEEK!!!!

This could be cool if it was *subscribed* threads, but I have to agree, it's annoying.

(edit: subscribed threads with new posts that is)

Last edited:
I

impactadmin

You can still see the thread in new posts but doesnt stay in unread posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom