Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.US Heating Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
Interesting to see the whois from this sale .. same company/guy bought a typo food .com from me a month or so back - must be building toward something?

I take everything back about dot US. Latest from DNJournal.com shows they have had a very impressive week!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lately on cable volvo has been advertising the url www.volvocars.us during prime time shows , saw it again just last night

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
Lately on cable volvo has been advertising the url www.volvocars.us during prime time shows , saw it again just last night

Actually the biggest .us I'm seeing promoted, and maybe it's only in select markets, is www.revol.us - as much as I hate their commercials they're promoting big time. I only wish they would promote the extension as .US as in United States not as in 'we'.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
Actually the biggest .us I'm seeing promoted, and maybe it's only in select markets, is www.revol.us - as much as I hate their commercials they're promoting big time. I only wish they would promote the extension as .US as in United States not as in 'we'.

nice one
i hadn;t seen that looks like they have a couple sites www.teamrevol.us and www.revolradio.us

i would rather see the US tied to the country as well but any type of promtion brings awareness ,,i guess thats the bennefit of a an extension also being a word US similar to the #1 ranked blog del.icio.us delicious

just notice your from cleaveland that may explain it the whois is also a cleaveland company must be tartgeting there home turf first

looks like the .com is a redirect to .US

www.revol.com :cheeky:

alot have been doing that see www.konica.com

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have decided to build out my new site using estatesale.us instead of estatesalelistings.com....any thoughts?

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
steven22 said:
I have decided to build out my new site using estatesale.us instead of estatesalelistings.com....any thoughts?

Yes, I would think that would be a better choice. Three word combos are not highly prized even in dot com.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
steven22 said:

after two words its kinda of hard even reading what it says unless its a common term.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From Duke
just got some other news in. There was another 5-figure .US sale this week and NaturalFoods.us wasn't it (although it was a strong sale)! Will have it in the new column. That is 5 .us sales ranging from $10,000 to over $50,000 in less than 30 days.

which will be in tonights www.dnjournal.US :-D

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
From Duke
just got some other news in. There was another 5-figure .US sale this week and NaturalFoods.us wasn't it (although it was a strong sale)! Will have it in the new column. That is 5 .us sales ranging from $10,000 to over $50,000 in less than 30 days.

which will be in tonights www.dnjournal.US :-D

Good to hear. but I think Duke is doing his report tomorrow night, or is he going to be at the TRAFFIC show then? Also, I think there may be a few $4 figure sales reported this week (or next) as well. Fun when sales start to move huh?

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Good to hear. but I think Duke is doing his report tomorrow night, or is he going to be at the TRAFFIC show then? Also, I think there may be a few $4 figure sales reported this week (or next) as well. Fun when sales start to move huh?

he'll be reporting Tonight because he's leaving to cover Traffic show tommorow,,,,, good coverage particulary during the traffic show...stay tuned

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
he'll be reporting Tonight because he's leaving to cover Traffic show tommorow,,,,, good coverage particulary during the traffic show...stay tuned

Thank you Zou. :-D

Check it out as Duke has it posted now.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

New TLD Section
.US has pretty much owned the new extension market for the past month. For the 4th week in a row, a five-figure sale puts the American country code on top of our New TLD leader board. Overall, .US claimed six of eight positions on our new chart and every domain on the list hit at least four figures.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
Great report as always .

With the exception of the omission of the Sedo dot CN sale, which although a newer registry than dot US probably doesn't get included in New TLDs.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so far this month the same buyer has bought close to 65,000.00 in .US domains they are

Foods.us 20k

Gourmetfoods.us 10,750.

Organicfoods.us 10,000.00
Wholefoods.us 10,000.00
Naturalfoods.us 3,002.00

Herb.us 2500.00
Protein.us 2500.00

Onion.us 1800.00
Giftbasket.us 1450.00

nuts.us 1250.
Shrinkwrap.us 775.00
tvp.us 775.00

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I wonder what his motives are.. hmm

Duke will be doing a story on them but i think there waiting untill there done buying before too many notice and raise prices..

2 more @ 4500 each for 9k in next weeks www.dnjournal.US thats over 70k im guessing 100k is there budget line we'll soon see,,,,

goeagles

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bank on .us...the shakeout is just starting. country tlds are the main everywhere else. .us is a slow starter due to .com being associated with usa companies from the start..you had to have a .com in the domain world to do business, this is the old way of thinking. the reality is much different. we all access the same way regardless of the tld. change is slow but its gaining steam. .us will be 2nd to com. .net is non specific for a us company and carries little cache in the business world. if you cant have a com or want your business tagged to a country (usa), its a no brainer.... .us

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
goeagles said:
bank on .us...the shakeout is just starting. country tlds are the main everywhere else. .us is a slow starter due to .com being associated with usa companies from the start..you had to have a .com in the domain world to do business, this is the old way of thinking. the reality is much different. we all access the same way regardless of the tld. change is slow but its gaining steam. .us will be 2nd to com. .net is non specific for a us company and carries little cache in the business world. if you cant have a com or want your business tagged to a country (usa), its a no brainer.... .us

absolutly,,,,this is a US food distributor and US is their market ,,why waste money on advertising which is gone in a day ,,,,these domain purchases are cheap way to get online sales..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators