Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Vanity gmail address wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are there any sites you can buy gmail addresses?

Thnx

Domain Summit 2024

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are there any sites you can buy gmail addresses?

Thnx

Always wondered about this.

I know somebody who has his first name @gmail.com... me having a common first name, I'm quite envious.

AIUI, they get sold from time to time on eBay.

Might I ask what's stopping your from using your own domain name and just using the IMAP settings on gmail to send and receive via the gmail interface?

I might add that it's possible that the gmail EULA might prohibit the transfer/sale of gmail addresses.

Also, by assuming an old email address, you never know what it could be associated with, whether it's the email that was used to sign up an abusive member on forums who is now being pursued, and hence, the finger is being pointed at you, whether it's been used to send out terror-related messages in the past, thereby compromising your privacy under the PATRIOT act, or even if it's become the target of hordes of spam that you must now sort through.

The latter is quite likely, as a site featuring gmail addresses for sale would likely be quite a farm for web crawlers to harvest from (especially because they know that anybody who uses those emails paid for them and therefore, has a willingness to do business online, and therefore, is a much better spam target.

Just my $0.02.

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HAha there's red tape no matter where u look
I'll check ebay
thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom