Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Verizon Wireless question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i made the mistake about 5 days ago of registering verizongames.com in part to the other domains i saw being registered that related to mobile phones and games. My intentions, however, were to never sell that domain to verizon or verizon personnel. Well, after talking with a few of you guys, I came to the realization that I should be a good samaritine (don't think i spelled that right) and I sent an email to a verizon employee instructing them to pass on the message to the proper contacts. I basically said in the email that it was a mistake registering the domain because I was unaware of the copyright infringement/trademark law before I bought it. In turn, i was offering them the domain name (to give to them) as good faith. I did this to keep the possible mess cleaned up before the sh*t hit the fan. I don't really feel like going to court. Well, anyways, it has been a good 3 days and I still haven't gotten a response yet.

Another thing I wanted to know, is what if a well named company, like verizon, was to (hypothetically) make me an offer with an actual figure, not "how much do you want for it", does that void their right to take me to court on the basis of bad faith? I have about as much of a chance of that happening as a snowballs chance in hell. Just curious

Thanks guys
bryan

Domain Summit 2024

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greetings

as owner of a verizon store i can tell you that the size and scope of the organization is such that unless you hit the right department you may never hear from them.

or they may not engage you without legal advice

i dont think your message will go anywhere but i could be wrong

hope you got name of person and date

they will not pay for the domain but may if you get cd letter possibly reimburse your expenses or not

i preemptivly returned foxnews.org in return for a good contact possible business and goodwill.

either sell it quick delete it or send email and i would see if traffic is worth even keeping the 60 days.

usually you will get letter and op to return but the possibility of civil suit alwasys exists.

wheres the spell check here

just my thoughts

if your concerned ask a lawyer

sean

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, its only been like 4 days, and I am already looking at finding the right individual. I just sent out another email, this time to a woman who works in the Internet Broadband section, so maybe she will be able to help.

That brings up another question. What if i have tried time after time to make contact, only to never get a response. If, i hope not, but if i had to go to court, and I could prove with emails that i tried to get in contact, and compare them with when i registered the domain, could a panel possibly side with me, or is Verizon so large I am screwed royally not matter how i look at it. I would imagine, if i am offering the stupid domain, they would just take it and save them the money of court.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you dont want to go to court with verizion if it got that far and does this name have traffic or not

your posts here are also docements that could be used against you if verizions lawyer found them

either give it back or do noting and let it expire sell it or wait for them to call

why did you reg if you have so much concern

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are made an offer which (a) objectively appears to have been made in good faith and (b) you subjectively believe was made in good faith; and you accept that offer, then you have formed a contract. The subjective intention of the party making the offer is not important if it was a definite offer capable of acceptance.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jberryhill
If you are made an offer which (a) objectively appears to have been made in good faith and (b) you subjectively believe was made in good faith; and you accept that offer, then you have formed a contract. The subjective intention of the party making the offer is not important if it was a definite offer capable of acceptance.

spoken like a true attorney subjective and objective are great terms.

i need a consult on a verbal merger agreement
sounds like you could help do you practice and if so pm me

glad he got some professional advice

sean

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to clear some things up. I bought the domain with the understanding of mobile phone games, not verizon. I saw that verizongames.com wasn't taken, and I didn't think about the trademark/copyright infringement situation. I have sent the two emails to them to state that I want to GIVE THEM the domain, not sell it or anything.

You make the comment, GIVE IT BACK. I never took it from them, it was not registered, but that doesn't mean I don't want to not give it to them.

Also, the concern you guys are seeing, is after the fact of talking to you guys. I didn't realize the predicament I was in until after discussing my domain purchase with you.

Maybe i can just delete it and get it back on the web. I wonder if that is possible. I am going to go look now.

Keep the comments coming.
thanks
bryan

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nevermind guys. I just noticed Godaddy.com has a cancel option. So now, verizongames.com is canceled. Well, it should after some time has gone by. Sometimes there are delays on these kinda things

thanks
bryan

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about it..just not a big deal..like sean said the organization is such that you may never hear from them..listen they have to at minimun have a damn meeting..then they have to pass it on to their legal dept..then the legal dept has to rack up some fees ..then they have to pas it back upstairs.. then they have to have a meeting to disclose that lega dept has advised to send a cd letter ..of which you will once again sendv an email making an offer to GIVE them the domain..of which thios email needs to go through the loop again..

Just delete it and move on.. if they want it they can grab it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom