Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What happened to DNforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinos

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Except in the homepage a right pane with ad tiles, and featured softs and domains,
there is no change, no additionnal ad space has been created.
DNForum continue to be the same.
What make the value of a forum is not the design and decorations but the conversations.

Well said, I actually didn't noticed all the ads until now; I think my mind just ignored them. :)

As long as the information on this forum is good, I don't mind the advertisements.

Domain Summit 2024

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Clear your cache, remove all cookies, and try again, and click on that little REMEMBER ME box???

What ever the cause, it is not making much sense. I log in from numerous computers in my travels and always remembers log in. Try Firefox or even Safari browser.

I did all of that, + I click the remember me box each time I login. The problem remains. Juniperpark said he had the same problem, not sure what the fix is. The problem started a few months ago.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i get a kick about people here complaining about ads when most of the people in this business park domains and use ppc advertising.

just my 2 cents

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually only thing I don't like in DNF is that it's loading rather slow for me lately :(
Occasionally I have the same prob. it is my understanding that Adam has plans to outfit everyone with the newest CPU with Duo Processors...payable in DNF$

I did all of that, + I click the remember me box each time I login. The problem remains. Juniperpark said he had the same problem, not sure what the fix is. The problem started a few months ago.
Very odd. It could be your firewall or perhaps your security settings.

i get a kick about people here complaining about ads when most of the people in this business park domains and use ppc advertising.

just my 2 cents
AMEN, brother! Did you notice the shameless self promotion in the OP sig?

I would never do something like that!

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it depends what your expectations are from the forum. Vast majority of forums made for the purpose of discussion some kind of topics, this particular forum allows you to buy and sell names, which is - making money. This forum is a business forum, it is a pure
revenue oriented environment. If there are people that came here and think that this is
a forum where people "talk" about domain names they should quit domaining. All these domain discussions that we have here they lead us to making more money.

The owner of the forum owns the mechanism that allows members make good money, I don't see anything bad in advertising offers, upselling etc.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whoever owns Dnforum is a sell out. Look at all the advertising and promotions. It doesn't make me want to do business here. The ads aren't even professional looking. Where are the standards?

hey Pooh, can you teach me how to make friends too?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With a name like Pooh, do you think you will be taken serious...

First suggestion, change username....

.... Second point, will pick up as summer ends and people get their holidays overwith.

-=DCG=-

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MANY people have stopped using this forum -- including myself -- because the "remember me" option was broken a few months ago, and the management here simply refuses to fix it.

I posted about this in detail way back when - and nothing has been done. Several people commented they have the SAME problem - including some in this thread.

This is a BIG deal - I'm just not going to waste my time logging in again and again to read the board or respond to PMs. I'm tired a posting a long message (ie contributing to the forum) only to LOSE THE ENTIRE POST because my 'session timed out' and can't be continues because DNForum is failing to properly read the session cookies.

And by the way -- it has NOTHING to do with caching, clearing browser cookies, or any of the non-sense that has been suggested implying that the problem is on the user's end. It's not, and that's been proven over and over again by several people.

You may have noticed that other forums are getting MORE traffic while DNForum is getting less. That becuase many people, myself included, have taken out business and our contributions elsewhere. If DNForum wants to commit suicide by ignoring bugs and making it difficult to use the system, so be it.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNF allows me to buy and sell. DNF allows me to network. DNF helps teach and inform me of the things I didn't already know. What it looks like matters not. In this case - ugly is beautiful!

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNF allows me to buy and sell. DNF allows me to network. DNF helps teach and inform me of the things I didn't already know. What it looks like matters not. In this case - ugly is beautiful!

The choir says Amen.

Remember, life's a bitch, then you die. Nothing's perfect but DNForum, we're glad you are here. Hey, have a nice day.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to chime in and say the site looks slick and clean for me..I don't even notice the few ads that are running...some people just like to complain and be the "negative nelly's" I guess..if you don't like it here little POO, well...don't let the door hit you in the ass dude! :eek:k:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Group Hug Biatches :grouphug:............:smilewinkgrin:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:mocus punches poo poo boy in the mouth and shoots him in the eye with his own paintball gun:

hey the smiley did'nt work! lol

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the "remember me" option was broken a few months ago, and the management here simply refuses to fix it.

I will have someone look at this tomorrow, I cannot create the same issue here.

-=DCG=-

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:mocus punches poo poo boy in the mouth and shoots him in the eye with his own paintball gun:

...and the level of professionalism remains the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom