Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is your latest and greatest project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My project is to make $1million before the end of the year. It's not going well.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm starting another project... I'm going to be selling a product for the first time. I'm pretty damn excited.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you tell us more?

I can't reveal the product just yet but I did buy the EMD for the project.

Based on the 35 keywords I've identified the market can generate $3,324,058.80 of profit (after cost of goods, advertising and shipping) per year. I'm aiming for a 2.5% market share my first year, which would generate $83,101.47 of profit.

It's currently an underserved market with one primary competitor. I'm able to beat their prices by 12.5% while offering products that are made in the United States and I'm able to offer free shipping, which they only offer on orders over $50 ($50 orders are not typical).

Now this is not an automated business. It requires me to stock and ship physical products.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, that sounds exciting!

When do you expect to launch?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, that sounds exciting!

When do you expect to launch?

Well I just got a pricing sheet from the manufacturer.. Shortly, I'll place a minimum order for several variations of the product. I'm going to test the variations out on Amazon to see which sells best. Once I separate the winners from the losers, I'll start designing the website around those products.

I would expect to launch in about 3 months. I'm planning this one out carefully.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds exciting! Keep us up to date and let us know when you launch.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't reveal the product just yet but I did buy the EMD for the project.

Based on the 35 keywords I've identified the market can generate $3,324,058.80 of profit (after cost of goods, advertising and shipping) per year. I'm aiming for a 2.5% market share my first year, which would generate $83,101.47 of profit.

It's currently an underserved market with one primary competitor. I'm able to beat their prices by 12.5% while offering products that are made in the United States and I'm able to offer free shipping, which they only offer on orders over $50 ($50 orders are not typical).

Now this is not an automated business. It requires me to stock and ship physical products.

Just tell me when you can give me some cumulative preferred stock. ;)

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just tell me when you can give me some cumulative preferred stock. ;)

The greatest thing about this business is it requires minimal capital. My initial purchase will cost $1,957.84 for 4,608 units, which includes 8 different products in 8 different colors.

The only thing I need money for is the domains. I've snagged the .org and .net but the .com has a 65k price tag. Maybe I'll be able to grab it next year.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing I need money for is the domains. I've snagged the .org and .net but the .com has a 65k price tag. Maybe I'll be able to grab it next year.

Go hyphenated for the .com until you make the profit to buy the dot com. Least you got a shot at ranking (especially if the dot com is parked).

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go hyphenated for the .com until you make the profit to buy the dot com. Least you got a shot at ranking (especially if the dot com is parked).

Its a single word product. :D

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Find or create time to jump back into developing some sites. Great names just sitting idly by. Since Amazon has reinstated NC residents as associates, I can't wait to start tweaking some current sites and getting new sites made.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Find or create time to jump back into developing some sites. Great names just sitting idly by. Since Amazon has reinstated NC residents as associates, I can't wait to start tweaking some current sites and getting new sites made.

Good luck! Be sure to share some numbers with us.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update: I'm building my business based on the lean startup methodology, so I created my minimal viable product (website) less than 24 hours ago. I started advertising less than 6 hours ago and I've already made my first sale! Mind you, I only have 8 products with 6 variations.

I'm excited to share the project with you guys, but I have to wait to secure the .com. I don't want anyone gobbling it up before I can raise $xx,xxx for the purchase.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Beards.net
Looking forward to see the product and the dot com domain.

I just launched my forum, more gTLDs are out yet another forum will not hurt the online business. Instead of a blog, I setup as forum, and used my domains to advertise it.

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Working on a WHOIS lookup script. Has support for 1,100 extensions including all the new generic domains. Has an affiliate link to GoDaddy to register available names.

Demo here: http://whoislookupservice.com/

Just put that demo up today. Script is ready to sell, just need to write the site to sell it!

How's your project coming along?

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Working on a WHOIS lookup script. Has support for 1,100 extensions including all the new generic domains. Has an affiliate link to GoDaddy to register available names.

Demo here: http://whoislookupservice.com/

Just put that demo up today. Script is ready to sell, just need to write the site to sell it!

How's your project coming along?

i like your side very useful and easily to work with, already in my bookmarks :)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators