Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

When will my keywords suggestions be verified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have put my suggestion of keywords for dozens of my domains many days ago , and most of them are still with yellow flags :huh:
Yellow flag means "Your suggestion for a new master keyword will be verified by Sedo during the next 24 hours. Thanks for your patience!", however, it has been many 24 hours, even weeks!
So when will sedo's people to check my suggestions and give them a go or else?

thanks.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is something we all agree on.. SEDO does take a considerable amount of time to update the keywords, which to be honest hurts them financially just as much as it hurts you. SEDO although having a great product, really do not have the man power.. take fabulous for example, you send them a message and within 2 hours you get a reply, send the same message to sedo and you could be waiting days.

I would suggest you email them [email protected], and email [email protected](US) and ask if he can update your keywords for you. - or email [email protected].. however gemma is in germany and wont answer until monday morning GMT+2

You can pretty much right off having keywords updated on a weekend, unless you actually talk to one of the reps direct.. they can log in to the system from anywhere and update for you..

SEDO should be quiet on monday as its the 4th of July...

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yesonline said:
I have put my suggestion of keywords for dozens of my domains many days ago , and most of them are still with yellow flags :huh:
Yellow flag means "Your suggestion for a new master keyword will be verified by Sedo during the next 24 hours. Thanks for your patience!", however, it has been many 24 hours, even weeks!
So when will sedo's people to check my suggestions and give them a go or else?

thanks.

I have been waiting 1 week and no results ! On Monday 99% chance we will not get a response ...... week 2 here I come !!!!

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainDealer said:
I have been waiting 1 week and no results ! On Monday 99% chance we will not get a response ...... week 2 here I come !!!!

Hello all,

I'm sorry to hear about the delays you guys have experienced but we do not use software to check suggestions. A lot of experience has taught us that there's no substitute for human intelligence here. A machine just can't do close to as good a job a a person. Because its a manual process it can take a few days if there are many requests for optimization at the same time. But over the long haul we've found that its much more effective having a person check them than a machine.

Of course, this is a system that will evolve over time and you feedback is welcome.

Jay
[email protected]

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hello all,

I'm sorry to hear about the delays you guys have experienced but we do not use software to check suggestions. A lot of experience has taught us that there's no substitute for human intelligence here. A machine just can't do close to as good a job a a person. Because its a manual process it can take a few days if there are many requests for optimization at the same time. But over the long haul we've found that its much more effective having a person check them than a machine.

Of course, this is a system that will evolve over time and you feedback is welcome.

Jay
[email protected]

I just joined SEDO a few days ago and listed 7 domains. I'm also waiting for my keywords to be set. I think SEDO should let the new keywords take effect immediately and then be checked by a SEDO employee to see if they are appropriate. Obviously the member has researched the matter and should not have to lose days of revenue. If a member is found to have deliberatley put in an inappropriate keyword then that member's account can then be set to not allow future keyword changes to take effect immediately. There is no reason to financially penalize members in good standing.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
greggish.. this would only get abused and end up costing us all.. while SEDO do take time to update, this method is better than most and SEDO are fair compared to one or two other parking programs who just reject keywords without merit.

Sometimes a little knudge is all they need. I am confident that SEDO are addressing this as the longer they take the more they lose also. So its in their interests to ensure the the correct keywords are selected.

But thats not to say that us veterans would appreciate a little more control and creative licence.. SEDO should have Member Levels..(would be a great viral market) It also would be nice if SEDO had trusted non sedo staff moderators who could assist and take up the slack, especially out of hours and weekends.

I am sure many volunteers would jump at the chance... perhaps this is one for the marcom people to look into.

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo updated all keywords ! :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators