Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Where's CoolHost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You make me laugh jh3, all this talk about people being a virus and we'd be better off without them.

Arn't you the guy who agreed that it was ok for nexcorp to send that nasty letter to the nice fellow from France interested in buying a name he owned based on the actions of his Gov.?

Mike

Register for the auction

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.. oh and while we're complaining, I don't like the Lounge.

I'd like a maroon velvet chaise lounge like this:

lou2.jpg

.. and some servant-girls too please :)

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do believe it was ok, but that was coming from my ties to the people who are over there dieing for me and you. I was in the United States Marine Corps, and my brother is stationed over seas now. I was willing to give my life for something I believed in. I am very Anti anyone who doesn't help the US after the help we have given. You have your opinions and I have mine and if we are going to be talking about this type of content I will give mine and you can be damn sure of it. Deal with it, I do.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
izopodian thought for the day: If the owner of Dnforum.com decides to shut down the site does that mean you are still a "platinum member"?

If I hear one more time that "someone" is a platinum member and should be given inalienable rights, I am going to puke. Most if not all have recouped our costs. Most if not all get valuable information information here that would cost way more than $49.95 (legal section comes to mind) if you had to "pay" for it. Also the "we've" lost buyers stuff is malarky. If you really want to sell your name, you will do it. Just because (3) people have been banned for various reasons doesn't mean that you can't sell your names... or is it?

I have always considered DNF a business. I'm glad the current owner and previous one run it like a business. This isn't a hobby for me. This is the place I go to get information about domain names, new affiliate ideas and of course my favorite the developer's forum. I don't come here to read, "whiny" posts like, "Why don't we have the nice "glow" to our names". I don't come here for politics (I can get that at the MSNBC.com site). I don't come for the "he said, she said" type posts. Yes, I can choose to not to click on certain posts, but that isn't what's the problem. The problem is perception. Because if this site does fill up with these types of posts, it could invariably keep out other "business-minded" individuals like myself, who come here for business. Instead of gaining from that "potential", we are losing out to the "other types" of discussion.

I do believe in redemption. As a committee member I have voiced support in bringing those who have been banned back in "x weeks".... BUT only if they've shown "worthiness"... i.e not trying to create disent by emailing other DNF members or going on other boards to drum up support to "take down" DNF. That's not going to bring them back.

One thing I would recommend: If you really want these people back. Help rehabilitate them by letting them know trying to create dissent isn't going to fly. I'll be damned if we let a few people back who aren't here to do business. Trust me. The domain business is going to skyrocket in the next year. We need to get DNF poised to take advantage of this "market rebound".

Stay focused is all that I have to say...

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Izopod,

Best post I have seen here in a long time! I also come here to do business, learn and help out now and then. I rarely come now since I got sick and tired of meaningless crap and the same folks posting BS to boost their post count.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesnt wipe away the fact that deleting threads that did not contain foul language or attacks even without notification or explanation whatsoever is unprofessional.
This is still a community.
Doesnt also wipe away the fact that banning members here again without official statement about the why/where/when and literally not letting the community know about it will hurt DNF in the long run.

You just cant behave that way.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice post izopod. I also agree with you on the rise of the domain market.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz

Doesnt also wipe away the fact that banning members here again without official statement about the why/where/when and literally not letting the community know about it will hurt DNF in the long run.

This is YOUR opinion Beatz. What we "think" will happen, may or may not come to pass. I don't think people realize how many members don't actually voice their opinion and are happy with the decisions made as of late.

Note: I personally don't think Zouzas should have been banned, but will defer judgement to the owner. Just like I defered judgement to the owners of DS. I may have disagreed with them for their decision to ban me, but they alone made the decision. I haven't said or done anything negative against DS and yet I still am banned!! I don't see any "Bring Back Izopod" threads over there.

I'm sorry if I don't feel the need to start a "Bring Zouzas" back thread. I think he will be back on his "own" merits. I'm not sure about NC, or Coolhost. Especially Coolhost. No matter how many times I tried to explain how to be productive in his suggestions, it never worked. He always took them as being "attacks". Also the "I'm here", "add-to-the-heap-pile" posts w/smiles were getting a bit much.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

I don't think people realize how many members don't actually voice their opinion and are happy with the decisions made as of late.

Well i *know* because of PMs i have received there are quite a number of members that indeed dont voice their opinion because they fear to get banned or their threads to get deleted - just for voicing their opinion.
Now im not saying they WOULD get banned - but it shows that banning members with no public explanation already has led to longtime members not feeling comfortable here anymore, to being unsure about what is still "allowed" and what not and such.
Not the best athmosphere for any forum if you ask me.

Btw - although not only me but other members have expressed their concern about these issues already in this and other threads, although this thread has received 802 views until now, although management has been asked repeatedly for an official statement from their side - no official statement/comment has been made.

Thats what i mean.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far a ownership making decisions and not answering for them:

This is a community...but a privately owned community. Not publically owned or community owned...PRIVATE!!! They laid down enough dollars to BUY the right to delete members, posts and threads. They BOUGHT the right to not need to accept or listen to my opinions or yours..it's all very simple. Having accepted THEIR rights as owners myself..I would like to see ONE thread to whine, moan bicker and complain and EVERY post that is not purely business deleted from every thread except that one.

My opinions on auctions:

Put up GOOD names for auction and the buyers will come. We make the auction what it is by the domains we post and the prices we offer. The rules or lack of them for this forum or any other will never set the market price. BUYERS could not are less about the personality conflicts here. WE set the market as domainers.

My opinion of the CoolHost banning:

Those of you who remember Afternic KNOW that CoolHost is ModemGal..why to many similarities in manner of speech etc. Those of you that don't believe this...BEWARE. Those of you that think it may be the same person but he/she has changed and should be given a second chance..I say a sincere apology and acknowledgement of previous wrongs would have been better than yet another deceptive act. This is a person who set out to destroy many people and their livelyhood for his/her own sick sense of a good time.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz

... although this thread has received 802 views until now, although management has been asked repeatedly for an official statement from their side - no official statement/comment has been made.

Thats what i mean.

I think we do "know" why... However in case we don't, if I owned a forum, I wouldn't publically state why someone was banned. Reason: It would appear that you are trying to "rail road" someone since they wouldn't be able to come back on to respond. It's best in a legal sense, and a business one to leave things as they are. Just my humble opinion.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by winfreecash
As far a ownership making decisions and not answering for them:

This is a community...but a privately owned community. Not publically owned or community owned...PRIVATE!!! They laid down enough dollars to BUY the right to delete members, posts and threads. They BOUGHT the right to not need to accept or listen to my opinions or yours..it's all very simple. Having accepted THEIR rights as owners myself..I would like to see ONE thread to whine, moan bicker and complain and EVERY post that is not purely business deleted from every thread except that one.

My opinions on auctions:

Put up GOOD names for auction and the buyers will come. We make the auction what it is by the domains we post and the prices we offer. The rules or lack of them for this forum or any other will never set the market price. BUYERS could not are less about the personality conflicts here. WE set the market as domainers.

My opinion of the CoolHost banning:

Those of you who remember Afternic KNOW that CoolHost is ModemGal..why to many similarities in manner of speech etc. Those of you that don't believe this...BEWARE. Those of you that think it may be the same person but he/she has changed and should be given a second chance..I say a sincere apology and acknowledgement of previous wrongs would have been better than yet another deceptive act. This is a person who set out to destroy many people and their livelyhood for his/her own sick sense of a good time.

Well said winnie :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just like I defered judgement to the owners of DS. I may have disagreed with them for their decision to ban me, but they alone made the decision. I haven't said or done anything negative against DS and yet I still am banned!!
:confused: :rolleyes:
I don't see any "Bring Back Izopod" threads over there.
:laugh:

~ Nexus

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I feel guilty if someone that paid me $50 gets banned. If these guys don't get un-banned, I'll give them their $50 back. Was it NameCaster (mudfence) that got a membership donated to him? If so, I'll give the $50 to whoever did the donating.

Don't go crazy with the ban button Adam. Momma needs a new diamond ring. :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gregr

Don't go crazy with the ban button Adam. Momma needs a new diamond ring. :)

Now if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!! :laugh:

Here is my philsophy on paid memberships:

Membership has it's privileges--that's for sure! Those privileges do come at a "price" though. That price is not being able to say or do anything that could hurt the community to which you belong to. Being a member of a community albeit a paying one never allows you to put your interests a head of another. It only allows you to mingle and do business with those who are privileged enough to enjoy the exclusivity of the membership.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I feel guilty if someone that paid me $50 gets banned. If these guys don't get un-banned, I'll give them their $50 back.

As you know sometimes people have to be banned for the good of the community. I think it would be the wrong message to send if you give money to someone every time they get banned. Although it's up to you, it doesn't "better the community". It just makes getting yourself banned "easy"...

just my .02

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It just makes getting yourself banned "easy"...

You're right. I'll cutoff this offer to just this banning. So the rest of you, be good. :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

You're right. I'll cutoff this offer to just this banning. So the rest of you, be good. :)

If you do I would prorate the amount. If you gave him $50 you'd be giving him too much. He's used 3 months of his year!! ;)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If you do I would prorate the amount. If you gave him $50 you'd be giving him too much. He's used 3 months of his year!! ;)

Another good point. :)

izopod you're on the ball today. :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

izopod you're on the ball today. :)

Just today actually! Tomorrow... I'll probably be off my rocker!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom