Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Which is better for resale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you had a choice of registering a dotcom with a number and keyword in the name or keyword dot alternative extension (other than .net or .org) which would you choose assuming you didn't want or couldn't register both versions.

Example:

3keyword .com

(or)

keyword .in (or .ws or .cc or .us, etc. etc. )

Domain Summit 2024

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would agree with dcristo on numbers and keywords , i would never register a domain with a number in it while for keyword.ext , i think i would go with .mobi

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would agree with dcristo on numbers and keywords , i would never register a domain with a number in it while for keyword.ext , i think i would go with .mobi
Why would he want to "go with .mobi"? That's a very specific extension.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely take the keyword.alt rather then #keyword.com

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

So I guess a non-domain industry type who comes across the domain name would be more turned off by a number in the domain together with the good 'ol world famous .com extension.

I always figured people who see .at (to use one alt. extension example) and think, "Huh?, what is that?!?"

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you had a choice of registering a dotcom with a number and keyword in the name or keyword dot alternative extension (other than .net or .org) which would you choose assuming you didn't want or couldn't register both versions.

Example:

3keyword .com

(or)

if you're registering a domain to develop into a viable website, then get the .com... whether it has a number or not.

there are exceptions of course, but you don't want to build on a different extension and give traffic to the dot com owner.

some numbers, combined with certain keywords are highly sought after, whether they serve as the prefix, suffix or within the domain string.

however, if you're buying with hopes of a quick flip, then it could be a hard sell.

imo...

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I truly agreed with what Don said. You should take the #keyword .com instead.

if you're registering a domain to develop into a viable website, then get the .com... whether it has a number or not.

there are exceptions of course, but you don't want to build on a different extension and give traffic to the dot com owner.

some numbers, combined with certain keywords are highly sought after, whether they serve as the prefix, suffix or within the domain string.

however, if you're buying with hopes of a quick flip, then it could be a hard sell.

imo...

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely take the keyword.alt rather then #keyword.com

hmmm, Yes and No....

I like names starting with 123.....com

think it's easy to remember, for example 123graffiti / com :)

what was the name again ? graffiti. mobi/net/info/au/ca/org/net
f*ck what extension was it .... ??? IMO 123something.com looks cool and it's much easier to remember than another extension without the number and it's also easier to find a good (free) name with 123 ;)

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Example:

3keyword .com

(or)

Which is better for resale you ask?

Forget all about keyword .in (or .ws or .cc or .us, etc. etc.)

Get a dot com

Why do you have to have a number with the keyword anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom