Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Yahoo Buys The Me.me Domain For Its Twitter-Like Microblogging Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

anatoly

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yahoo (NSDQ: YHOO) is apparently still going full-force with its Twitter competitor, Yahoo Meme. The company has now bought up the oh-so-clever domain name, Me.me, from the .ME domain registry, which is based in the country of Montenegro. No word on how much Yahoo paid.

Yahoo, however, calls the purchase “an essential component of our online branding strategy.” The buy may suggest that Yahoo is readying a wider roll-out of the service, which has not been advertised widely.

On Meme, users write up short entries and add photos or videos to their pages, which are called “memes;” users can “follow” other memes and track entries from those pages via one central dashboard.

Meme initially launched in Portuguese a year ago; English and Spanish-language versions followed this fall. We’ve asked Yahoo for any new details on the status of the site and will update when we hear back.

http://paidcontent.org/article/419-...main-for-its-twitter-like-microblogging-site/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators