Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

You have GOT to be kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just signed up for an account at Fabulous. Put in my phone number in the normal (US) way and got this error:

· Phone number must use the format +<country code>.<local number> e.g. +1.1234567

Given that a competent web programer can get a Regex to match common phone number formats (even non-US ones) in about 10 minutes, why would you make the user conform to your own standard, which isn't even stated at the initial form????

Ok. And another question: how do setup parking for my names? Do I have to transfer them over to fabulous.com and not just change NS settings?

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi sevent - thanks for the comments. I'll pass them onto the tech guys for review.

To park your domains with Fabulous all you need to do is point them to our nameservers.

Cheers,

Mike

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok. But how do I let you know which domains are mine so I get credit for the clicks?

Mike Fabulous said:
Hi sevent - thanks for the comments. I'll pass them onto the tech guys for review.

To park your domains with Fabulous all you need to do is point them to our nameservers.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sevent said:
Ok. But how do I let you know which domains are mine so I get credit for the clicks?

You need to add your domains to your account by clicking on the "Import" link. If when you log into your account you do not have the "Portfolio" section, you have signed up for a Retail account, rather than a Wholesale.

If this is the case, you can register for a Wholesale account by using this form, or simply send my a complete list of domains that you own for review. If you are eligible I can convert this account to a Wholesale account for you.

Cheers,

Mike
[email protected]

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heh. I just sent you guys an email asking you to answer my question here. At any rate I signed up.

Mike Fabulous said:
You need to add your domains to your account by clicking on the "Import" link. If when you log into your account you do not have the "Portfolio" section, you have signed up for a Retail account, rather than a Wholesale.

If this is the case, you can register for a Wholesale account by using this form, or simply send my a complete list of domains that you own for review. If you are eligible I can convert this account to a Wholesale account for you.

Cheers,

Mike
[email protected]

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sevent said:
Just signed up for an account at Fabulous. Put in my phone number in the normal (US) way and got this error:

Given that a competent web programer can get a Regex to match common phone number formats (even non-US ones) in about 10 minutes, why would you make the user conform to your own standard, which isn't even stated at the initial form????

Is is really that much of a deal?

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, it is a *really* big deal. Those of us who have been online a long time learn to read companies from the details. This problem tells me that at least one of the following things is true:

1. The company has done no user testing on their website, which means it will be hard for me to find things/explinations I need (already shown to be true).
2. The company isn't tracking invalid entries to their forms. If they were, I am sure they would see tons of people who have entered the wrong information first, then had to correct it.

Well, I did signup for the other kind of accunt, then tried to login again and got this message:

"Username not available"

Whatever that means. Did I get rejected, are they unable to process my username? Who knows?

I'm willing to give Fabulous a decent amount of latitude at first here becuase they come recommended by a good fried as having good payouts, but really, if you deal with a lot of companies in your online existance you come to quickly prize how easy it is to deal with them just as much as how *potentially* usefull they are to you.

BLazeD said:
Is is really that much of a deal?

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't know what "Username not available" means...

Don't quit your day job.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread gave me a laugh. Fabulous.com is a great company, minor complaints are not necessary.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uhhh... read my full post. "Username not available" makes sense if you are signing up. I was signing in.

nitronet said:
If you don't know what "Username not available" means...

Don't quit your day job.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you probably misspeled your username, or had the username suspended since you signed up, you might want to try contacting them privately rather then in a public forum, if someone had a complaint against you would you want the entire world to see it?

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sevent said:
Actually, it is a *really* big deal. Those of us who have been online a long time learn to read companies from the details. This problem tells me that at least one of the following things is true:

1. The company has done no user testing on their website, which means it will be hard for me to find things/explinations I need (already shown to be true).
2. The company isn't tracking invalid entries to their forms. If they were, I am sure they would see tons of people who have entered the wrong information first, then had to correct it.

Well, I did signup for the other kind of accunt, then tried to login again and got this message:

"Username not available"

Whatever that means. Did I get rejected, are they unable to process my username? Who knows?

I'm willing to give Fabulous a decent amount of latitude at first here becuase they come recommended by a good fried as having good payouts, but really, if you deal with a lot of companies in your online existance you come to quickly prize how easy it is to deal with them just as much as how *potentially* usefull they are to you.

LoL...no offense but you don't have a clue...Fab is one of the sharpest PPC companies and domainers around.

Your going on about this silly problem and saying you would judge Fab by it is ridiculous...I think if your so easily swayed by minor bugs you should get out of the ppc business...theres not a provider out there that doesn't have minor things like this happen from time to time...if you contacted support and mentioned it to them it would have been resolved...Fab support is among the best out there.

Its obvious that your experience is not as vast as you thought.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators