Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

You need to read this if you use SNAPNAMES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello to all.

I have to tell you what happen to me right now in Snapnames. I never used their service before.

A week ago I started to be interested in some domains that were going to expire.

I make my bid in some of them. I win one a few days ago and yesterday I win another one. The first one, I was the only bidder and the second one there was another bidder.

At the end I win the auction and I got today an email from Snapnames telling me that I win and also another mail from the registrar where the name was regged with all the info to enter my account.

After a few hours...I received another email from a company called ´webnamesolutions.com´ that offer me the domain I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for more money!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to contact Snapnames inmediately but they dont are available trough phone so I emailed them a letter asking for an explantions:

How could be that someone knows my email and my info and that I made a bid on Snapnames?

How could be that they have (don´t know yet) the domain I win?

Im very pissed of and want to know whats happened...

BTW I have also another problem trying to change the DNS information of the first domain I win. They want to charge me 14 usd!

Someone could help here? Someone have been trough the same?

I used snapnames after someone here recommended me them and not pool that its the drop catcher company that uses Moniker.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dont know about most of that but I know you can set default nameservers for all names won at snap, before you win them ... Its somewhere in the control panel

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
webnamesolutions.com sent me at least one email too, and NOT related to snapnames...I don't understand what they(webnamesolutions) are doing, but it looks like a scam

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
webnamesolutions is a spammer

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WebnameSolutions is a spammer AND scammer. I've gotten about 50 emails from them selling domains they do not own.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They have my domain on sale on their website!!!!!!!! How they get the info?????????????????????

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Daniel I think the correct URL is http://webnamesolution.com/ and not http://webnamesolutions.com/
They are spammers and scammers. It seems they are even selling/listing domains they do not own.
I think we should take action and report them to their hosting company and their registrar. I would suggest that you write to both.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a company is spamming and scamming you, how exactly does writing to them help?
is there still no police muscle online for these people?

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The spamming is the less important thing here...they have somehow access to the info in snapnames and other registrars...that is to be worried.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they sent me an email offering a .com for a .net I own for $199.95.
The domain was at that that in an auction, auction ended at $3700.

Same here, I own the .net and got the .com "offered" to me by "webnamesolution.com". Buydomains actually owns the .com

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Received yesterday night a letter from Snapnames...asking to ´forget´ about webnamsolution.com...it seems they have a lot of the same complaints...im still not so quiet...as nobody till know explained me how they get the info.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
free info from the whois database perhaps... they probably track changes to whois data and then email those people.

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SnapNames is not associated with nor provides any type of information to Webnamesolution.com.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SnapNames is not associated with nor provides any type of information to Webnamesolution.com.

That´s for sure and don´t need any type of explanation...

The question remind the same, how this people get the info...

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone can check a 'soon to be dropped' list and then check to see when the who is information related to that domain has been the updated. and it will be updated with your new info. bang, email

Some registrars charge to forward URL but usually allow a DNS change for free.
I agree with the above comment about setting a default Nameserver for all domains won at auction.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had a number of emails from them offering me names. They started out picking up names at drop time and blasted out emails offering them for sale. From what I noticed and assumed is if they didn't get a response within the 4-5 days they let the name drop again. After I figured this out I was happy for them to let me know what they had so I could pick it up after they let it drop again. :lol: They must have gotten addicted to the money and their job has become much harder due to drop catching competition so they resorted to scamming. Either way they've been doing this for atleast a year.

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That´s for sure and don´t need any type of explanation...

The question remind the same, how this people get the info...

As stated before, it usually happens when you own the same word/expression in another tld.

i.e. they offer the .com to the .net/.org/.biz/.info owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators