Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Your opinion and Thoughts!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamant

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if somebody could help with tdnam. I would like to invest in a domain(s) that have traffic so i can learn how to create revenue. Is tdnam one of the best places to use? It seems that some domain prices are artificially inflated and they are way too much sometimes. Any other site suggestions on where to go that is "real" and "legit"? How about brokers? can you trust them? Or is there really good software to help the process of getting your own domain that has traffic that could be dropped? Whats your opinion?

Service,
Broker,
or Software?

Anthony.
Newbie and needs some guidance!!!

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am no expert on traffic names, but have been around long enough to say dont trust any traffic claims even screen shots, many experienced domainer has been ripped off, I beleive there are some on this board who can analyze where traffic comes from with a redirect for a day or two. I think using overture as a guide is a good start, but overture has a few quirks that you would need to understand before regging names. Personnaly I like regging names that might get traffic, reg fee is a small price to pay if I am wrong
not a lot of risk unless you reg hundreds of names with no traffic. There are many members who buy small traffic names with a view or two a day for 100-500 dollars.
cant help you on drops
goog luck, I figured i would respond and bump your post si it doesnt drift into the black hole never to be seen again, other members may have better advice

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a friendly advice

You have the following options:

1. Buy traffic names from trusted DNF members, members that have a decent number of successful transactions behind them(iTrader is the indicator of that). If you want to buy typo traffic, pay up to 36 months of revenue for generic typos and up to 24 months of revenue for typos with potential Trademark issues. However, owning TM typos is hazardous and you should be aware of the problems and risks surrounding this issue (dig around and read).
2. Buy generic domains for around 8 years of revenue
3. Catch domains that are dropping using services that allow you to, like snapnames.com, clubdrop.com, pool.com and tucowsauctions.com. You will have to do a bit of research before you bid on a dropping name, there are services that pre-scan huge dropping lists and give you an list of domains with PR, overture, link popularity etc. One of these services is premiumdrops.com (see my signature).
4. Search for typos of popular websites that have overture with extension, using programs such as Domain research tool. This tool costs around $250 normally, but there are several members here who can provide you with a partner link which will save you up to $120. I can do that too, if you want you can PM me for the discount.
5. Register domain names that you think that may receive traffic, taste them and delete them if they don't make enough money within 4 days. Any domain making at least $0.02 per day is worth keeping, as it makes more than $7/year which is the cost of the registration fee. Moniker allows you to delete name and get a refund within 4 days from registration.

A method I use to register typos is the following:

I find a popular website, I'll make up a name, let's say SpaceGames.com. I then use Domain Research tool to generate common typos and scan it to see if there is any available that has ovt with extension. If I don't find any, I go to plan B - try to guess which typos will receive some traffic. In order to do that, I split the domain into keywords such as this:
Space.com and Games.com
I then generate typos for space.com and games.com and scan the list to see which typos are the most popular (according to overture figures). I find that sapce.com and ganes.com (i made it up) are the most popular typos. I then go ahead and register SapceGames.com and SpaceGanes.com and taste the names at a parking service. If they make around $0.03/day on average, I keep them.

Another way to find typos with traffic is to register the .net extension of the website, separate the keywords with a dash, or register the singular (or plural) version of the domain name. You can also register the www typo of the domain (wwwSpaceGames.com).

While the above will not instantly make you rich, it is a way of registering domains that pay for themselves and it is a 0 risk investment. Over time, you will gather thousands of such domains and you will make a decent revenue from them. I usually avoid websites with TM issues, you should too.

All of the above methods described, have worked for me, it is up to you to try them. If you find anything else that works, I'm all ears:)

p.s I'm usually bored to write long posts, it's your lucky day today:)

dreamant

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes thank you so much for this info. One question though. I used to domain taste about a year ago with godaddy, but i had to always call them for the refund and then sooner or later they banned my account for doing this soo much. They told me even though i have the right to taste them, they didnt want my business anymore if i did it again. Does moniker require you to call in and get a refund or do they make it simple with a push of a button or two? Thanks again.

Anthony

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, there is an automatic delete function in moniker, and the refunds are automatically credited into your account. Moniker has also got special pricing for DNF members - PM me for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom