Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

You're too old for the new gTLDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn! I knew there was something dodgy about this business. I'll just roll over and die now then.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes. Pretty much.
When we were old enough to reg domains and learn about the .com, .net domains, the young ones couldnt. Now that tge young ones have grown up and got their own credit cards, theyre regging these new ones. So...as we old farts are listening to Journey on our 8-tracks, the youngins are listening to Justin Beiber on their iphones. Dude, our time is done with .coms and entering the donain names in the url. Its all about auto-suggest and keyword searches.
There is www.coke.com but there are other domains which Coke.com bought for promotions, television shows (for american idol, superbowl, etc), country versions, promotions, reward points, etc. but for this example, you want to look for the old coke commercial from the 70's...
you could simply go to www.coke.com and search your heart out spending an hour on that website OR you could search on the search engine like google using the keywords "old coke commercial".

You tell me which method that the user will take?

sorry... .com is old. No more to reg. boring. We are moving on to keyword-specific domains such as the nee gtlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators