Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

zoneedit.com vs mydomain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ptez

zoneedit.com only supports limited domains.

mydomain.com supports unlimited? domains.

Did anyone ever use both system?
What's the difference between their service?

Domain Summit 2024
M

mole

Mydomain is more powerful overall and a lot easier to use.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've used MyDomain.com for all my names and it's a fantastic service, but last night all my e-mails to [email protected] were bounced back, and when I tried last night to change the redirection of domain names onto different websites, it didn't follow my new instructions (whereas before this was almost instant). Up to now they are still redirecting to the original sites.

Anyone else having problems with MyDomain.com since last night?

M

mole

I think mydomain is fraying at the edges in the past couple of months since they were bought over. They've been subject to DOS attacks, email forwarding that goes wonky, ip blacklists blah blah.

I love mydomain services, but I realise the net is increasingly no longer free. Have been exploring UltraDNS.com for a while. You need to pay, but seems like a solid infrastructure they have there.

Plan to migrate all my names to them turn of the year.

Funny thing though, they provide the DNS for Afilias, so everytime you specify a .info domain, you will have to wait for clearance for security reasons :D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks mole. I've downloaded the UltraDNS.com white paper pdf to have a closer look (clicking on their Datasheet pdf on their services page "to learn about the value of DNS" takes you to an HTTP 404 - File not found error, LOL).

It looks like $12 per domain name per year for their Basic DNS Service. For domainers with hundreds of names this will be costly, which is why MyDomain.com is such a great free service, and so the occasional glitch is something we'll have to live with I guess (unless of course they have major problems).

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All redirect changes working for me at MyDomain.com now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom