Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Facts And Figures: Gtld Development Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you're saying with all the free .XYZ handouts, it has the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] position for both non-opt out registrations and development? ;)

FTW.XYZ :D

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^ FTW.XYZ available at reg fee. :rolleyes:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see them holding strong with what may be real human registrations. Went down to 3 and then up to a solid 18. :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
David, that's the spirit :D I hope they reach 3 figures soon.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, who knows. With a 500% daily increase of registrations per day between now and the end of the year, he can easily reach 1 million real registrations as claimed. Let's stay optimistic for the n00bs. :D

3 -> 18 -> 90 -> 450 -> 2250 -> 11250 -> 56250 -> 281250 -> 1.4 MILLION (all one day registrations based upon 500% increase per day)

Please, if you're new to this forum, save your money. The above example will never happen. Never.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Theo.

Hoster Stats puts things in perspective.

I wonder who else has concocted such a plan of partnering up with NetSol for the domain giveaway? Out of the thousands yet to be released, you know someone else has the same scheme/scam in play.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Theo.

Hoster Stats puts things in perspective.

I wonder who else has concocted such a plan of partnering up with NetSol for the domain giveaway? Out of the thousands yet to be released, you know someone else has the same scheme/scam in play.

After all the negativity that was passed around in the industry about .xyz, I don't think any other registry (in their right mind) would attempt to partner with NetSol or any other registrar for an opt-out opportunity.

However, they may follow a marketing approach that .INFO used with GD—I can’t recall the specific amount—but with the purchase of a .com or .net, a .whatever may be suggested at a nominal price of 99 cents for the first year (or even 50 cents to cover the ICANN fee and still make positive revenue, while giving the sponsoring registrar an opportunity to earn as well).

This may increase registrations, but it will be in their face to choose to buy "brand protection" or not upon the checkout process. I would consider this tactic a live human registration.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A about .xyz
I do not even think it deserves recognition as a gtld at this point thus requiring no dot in front of xyz. Every mention of this extension with the dot further advertises the extension and indexes yet another discussion on Googlesphere.

I have not seen such manipulation of a registry since .travel when the registrar was "selling" or "reserving" to an entity who then turned out to be his own family who where then pumping the prices in the stratesphere and selling as premiums (many quite successfully).

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked it earlier today and saw 900ish. Maybe they're taking it down a notch, eh?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think any other registry (in their right mind) would attempt to partner with NetSol
You are assuming that domainers and the registrar hierarchy HAVE a right mind.

I have no doubt that this will happen again. This particular registry had one thing on their "right mind" and that was to garner the most attention by having the most registrations. Numbers. That is all that mattered. To somehow be able to claim that they were number one somewhere on the heap.

A number whore.

For some damn odd twisted reason, seems too many domainers had been focused on this as a benchmark of success. Success is not defined by numbers. Yet domainers insist this metric is paramount to the success of the new gTLD.

I am more interested in the real world applications of the TLD and the accompanying keywords associated with that TLD. If you want real world applications, look at sites built vs registrations vs parked pages. The new .builders is a very good example of this. Hardly on anyone's radar or discussion boards, the ratio of actual site is rather impressive.

If it's number you need and want, then use the right numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom