Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

developed Niche sites: codetalkers.info(PR4) et al

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>New sites added (scroll down)

I have some unique, established, niche websites I want to sell due to other upcoming commitments. These could be very useful and profitable (if that's your motivation) in the right hands.

No BIN set. Please POST questions and offers here. Offers invited until the morning of Thursday Sept 8, and payment to be received no later than 5PM MST on the same day. This is not an auction and I reserve the right not to sell to the highest offer. Check WHOIS for details and registrar.

I will help to move the site (or can provide reasonable web hosting). Please note, I will be away for a week from Thursday Sept 8, so if you want me to move the site, it'll have to wait until I return. But I will give you the domain and CPanel account details before then, and free hosting until 7 days after I'm back, so you'll have complete control over your site (and can move it yourself, if you want).

===== deepthroat.name (PR2)

Website about the history of Watergate and the Deep Throat character, recently outed as Mark Felt. It runs on Mambo and uses the Apache rewrite function for search engine friendly (SEF) URLs.

I've had the domain about 6 months, but only started this site about 3 months ago. Has a lot of themed content and news, some from free sources (such as Wikipedia), some automated newsfeeds, etc. Also has trivia, humor, forum, guestbook, etc.

Well-indexed by the major search engines. Marketleap Linkpop: 1,022 and climbing

282 uniques/July (August, 185 so far). Stats (2956 hits since 2005-02-09).

Income-generating via Adsense (about $1 since June 11), eBay (can't track accurately) and Amazon (one or two items). Accept little income.

SEO: I created 5 subdomains to compliment the site and target popular key phrases/searches - you can see these at the bottom (e.g. mark-felt.deepthroat.name, etc.). Each of these subdomains is also a PR2, so it's like 6 sites in one. I also exchanged links with a lot of relevant websites. Furthermore, I recently joined the Ad-Coop (see footer) to drum up some additional backlinks and traffic. The site has been hand-submitted to (and is indexed by) all major search engines, including Alexa. DMOZ, not indexed yet. Uses SEF URLs.

This site is ideal for someone with a political/history interest. When the Felt book/movie comes out, I'm sure traffic will skyrocket.

===== petersontrial.info (PR3)

Bought this site here on DnForum about 3 months ago, but beefed it up considerably with several new pages and more content, as well as new features (e.g. forum, guestbook, etc.). I added several automated newsfeeds too, so the content is always fresh.

Traffic is climbing with 851 uniques in July (August to date, 703). Stats (6063 hits since 2005-05-21). I have exchanged links with many sites, but some of these backlinks are not indexed yet. Marketleap Linkpop: 990 and climbing.

Income: I added Adsense ($1.54 since May 22), eBay (can't say) and Amazon (2 Scott Peterson books sold so far).

I envisage when the Peterson appeal gets underway, that traffic will get bumped again. And, who knows, he might me acquitted - think about the traffic then!

===== codetalkers.info (PR4)

This is a website about the Navajo and other American Indian Code Talkers of WWI and WWII (and other wars). Also has general military, war and cryptology information. Ideal for a history/war buff.

I started this website back in 2002 (see http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://codetalkers.info) and converted it to a database-driven website (Mambo) with loads more content and features a short while back. It is well-indexed and ranks top or high with most relevant keywords. Marketleap Linkpop: 1,911 Stats

I am pretty sure this site will upgrade to PR5 with the next Google dance. It was also submitted to DMOZ months ago.

Income: I've always had Amazon on the site, as well as eBay and other affiliates (which I've dropped now) too. I only added Adsense on June 23, 2005 and have earned $32.26 (about $0.57/day) with that so far. I also used to sell many Code Talker books, where I had obtained autographs, as well as other autographed items directly. As far as Amazon sales are concerned, I've sold at least 80 (maybe more) books, DVDs and videos since I started with the campaign. eBay sales, I don't know (haven't been tracking it accurately). Also had some other income from affiliates such as Powells.

SEO: I also very recently implemented the subdomain technique and the site has 7 of them targeted towards important key phrases. You van see them in the footer (e.g. cryptology.codetalkers.info). I have also exchanged links with a lot of relevant websites and recently joined the Ad-Coop (see footer) to drum up some additional backlinks and traffic. The site has been hand-submitted to (and is indexed by) all major search engines, including Alexa. DMOZ, not indexed yet. It uses SEF URLs.

>>Added:

===== mummymania.com PR2

See details below

===== cash-for-phone.com (PR2) and cashforphone.com

See details below

Questions about any of these? Please PM me.

Thanks for looking.

Domain Summit 2024

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As requested, here are some screenshots for codetalkers.info:

Adsense (since since June 23)
Amazon (quarter to date) (Some previous months had many more sales, because Amazon sales fluctuate according to news and the seasons, and some of the other "non Code Talker" products sold might be from this site too, it's difficult to track)

nextwave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi i cant access those images ?

kokopelli said:
As requested, here are some screenshots for codetalkers.info:

Adsense (since since June 23)
Amazon (quarter to date) (Some previous months had many more sales, because Amazon sales fluctuate according to news and the seasons, and some of the other "non Code Talker" products sold might be from this site too, it's difficult to track)

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can't see why not, please try again.

(If the image does not load immediately, just refresh - or download the two screenshots as a Zip here)

BTW codetalkers.info received an additional $1.78 Adsense yesterday (Aug 21)

Will post new screenshots tomorrow.

nextwave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its obviously some authentication error... but im telling you i cant see them...
can you please move them somewhere or check you dont have some permissions set on that folder...
interested but need to see the stats obviously
thanks jay

kokopelli said:
I just checked them, they're fine.

Edisonian

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't see the images either. I get an error page for both.

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
===== codetalkers.info

I can see the images just fine, but maybe the anti-leech feature is prohibiting you from doing so. I've moved the screenshots here (updated Adsense):
http://domainriffic.com/images/adsense.jpg
http://domainriffic.com/images/amazon.jpg

BTW I'm not sure if the script I use at http://codetalkers.info/axs/ax-admin.pl is tracking the traffic correctly. Here's an Awstats screenshot (2052 uniques in July): http://domainriffic.com/images/awstats.jpg

Let me know if you're still having problems.

===== mummymania.com

I've had some questions and post my replies here:

Re RSS feeds: Everything under the "Content" heading (news, articles, FAQs and facts) were manually added, but the content under "News and Events" are automated newsfeeds. The "Mummy Mania News" (3 items) on the front page is also a feed. The feeds keep the content fresh and you do not have to do anything.

I also just added a "Mummy Glossary" yesterday and are adding some terms now. Also today a added "Tell-a-Friend" option. I also did install a Links Exchange component a while ago, but have never used it, instead just opting for the built-in links function - this feature could help a lot with link building and exchanges. Added some links over the past few days. Other plans include a quiz, more content, kids section, forum (maybe), but another project is presently taking up all my time.

As far as affiliates are concerned, I use Adsense, Amazon and everyticket.com for tickets (see the "King Tut Tickets" link). I am also a National Geographic affiliate, but have so far not found the time to implement their links - they provide a datafeed and I had wanted to use that, so their products are integrated into the site. That could be a good earner.

I use the Google sitemap component from the backend to submit site maps easily when I have updated the site (necessary when you want Google to index your site properly). Site has been submitted to all the major search engines and is indexed by them:
Google
MSN
Yahoo

(Marketleap Linkpop: 199) Was also submitted to DMOZ, but not listed yet. About 90 uniques a month (see stats here: http://mummymania.com/axs/ax-admin.pl, and Awstats screenshot here: http://mummymania.com/images/stats.jpg) Site is a member of the Ad-Coop and some webrings. OVT for "mummy" = 17842 (586.6/day) / Wordtracker for "mummy" = 1,087.0/day. In Google top 10 for "mummy mania" etc.

Income to date: Adsense: $1.31 (since June 17, 2005 = about $0.03/day now) / Amazon: looks like 1 item (although it's difficult to track accurately, as I have many sites) / Tickets: none yet

Please remember, this is still a young site that I only started on 2005-06-17 from scratch (basically to capitalize on the King Tut exhibit), but already PR2, and traffic/sales will improve (if you spend some time/effort with SEO and marketing). I know everyone says it, but I really believe this site has a lot of potential (make it a "Mummy Portal") and, I think you'll agree, it is a great and memorable name!

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Updated stats on these sites and new sites added.

• deepthroat.name: 3085 hits since 2005-02-09 / uniques - Aug: 309, Sep: 61
  • petersontrial.info: 7317 hits since 2005-05-21 / uniques - Aug: 1072, Sep: 174 / Adsense: $2.70
  • codetalkers.info: I today deleted the old stats at http://codetalkers.info/axs/ax-admin.pl because the log file had gotten too big and wasn't functioning accurately anymore - click here for an Awstats screenshot instead / uniques - Aug: 1557, Sep: 184 / Adsense for August: $15.35
  • mummymania.com: 862 hits since 2005-06-17 / uniques - Aug: 221, Sep: 50

New site(s)

===== cash-for-phone.com (PR2) and cashforphone.com

These 6 month old sites run on Mambo and share a lot of the same content, but are not exact duplicates. Also, the links exchanges for each are different. I'm selling them as a pair.

Both have a lot of cell phone/recycling content and are revenue bearing with the "Cell for Cash" program, as well as Adsense, Amazon, ringtones and other affiliates. Up to about a week ago Cell for Cash paid $1 per phone or 5% of the value, whichever is higher. Under this commission structure, I've earned $31.55. But they have now increased the commission to $5 for each referral and there already are a number of these referrals pending.

= cash-for-phone.com
Stats: http://cash-for-phone.com/axs/ax-admin.pl
Marketleap Linkpop: 213
Search Engines indexed: Google,
MSN, Yahoo
Adsense: $2.92

= cashforphone.com
Stats: http://cashforphone.com/axs/ax-admin.pl
Marketleap Linkpop: 85
Search Engines indexed: Google,
MSN, Yahoo
Adsense: $0.20

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your offer - looking for a bit more though.

Less than 24 hours left ...

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, keep 'em coming ... I'm going to bed in a bit and will see what offers have been received in the morning

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offers, but these sites are worth more.

Only a few hours left, then I have to pull this listing and leave - so make me you're best offer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom