Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

100 reasons to get Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is just like XP when it first came out. Sure there are quite a few quirks in it, but I am hoping by the time SP1 comes out most will be fixed. I have not had any issues except for the Windows Update stuck on an IE7 update from October it is still giving errors about not able to install. It is different, but I was tired of waiting for Leopard to come out that I went ahead and upgraded to Vista.

I still want to get another mac with Leopard, but it will have to wait until after Christmas.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i have vista and there many reasons why not to buy it

i would not recommend this, not compatible with anything, lots of small problems and new coming all the time

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is it not compatible with? I am not a big fan of it, but everything I have threw at it has worked fine. Some of my older software, I had to download either a patch or a newer version which is expected. Other than that things have worked alright.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Big driver problems with Vista. The world's largest piece of 'bloatware'. Those 100 reasons are already covered by Mac OS X :D

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have just gotten vista notebook as of black friday. no problems so far, but to be fair i havnt had it long enough. so far no problems but we'll see.

the one thing i find annoying is that all of the computers today come preinstalled with all of this google-ware crap. first thing to do was delete the google toolbar and the rest of it.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the one thing i find annoying is that all of the computers today come preinstalled with all of this google-ware crap. first thing to do was delete the google toolbar and the rest of it.

PC-DECRAPIFIER

product description said:
Clean out system junk and craplets from your PC

You buy a shiny, brand-new PC. You expect it to be clean, lean, and mean. Wrong! Buy any new PC, and you'll find it full of "craplets" --- software installed for no reason other than that the PC maker gets paid to put it there. These craplets slow down your PC startup and its general operation. Dell is particularly notorious for filling new PCs with craplets.
The free PC De-Crapifier removes dozens of craplets automatically. Using this program is exceedingly simple. Just run it, and it does its removal work automatically. Don't expect it to completely clean your PC, because it only removes a specific set of craplets and trialware programs, those that are specifically put on new PCs, such as QuickBooks Trial, Wild Tangent Games, Dell URL Assistant, and many others.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No , actually just happened to see the link yesterday ..and this thread today .... so just posted it as it seemed relevant ..

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i thought i had deleted the google crapware, but something is rotten in denmark. I check my statcounter stats today. I check the stats for my website. i had forgotten that i visited my site today typing in the nav bar directly. stats would normally ignore my own visit from my home but since i am at my parents today it didnt. i was looking at the 'recent visitor activity' and saw my parents town on the most recent visitor, realizing it was me. then i looked at the 'came from' path and to my dismay it was from google!! wtf??!!

If i typed in the url directly and it is getting queried or routed through google that's a big time WTF. 'do no evil' my ass. .... downloading firefox posthaste

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Windows Vista will lead to green savings, IT heads say

IT directors have estimated that they could save hundreds of thousands of pounds through energy saving by using the green features in Windows Vista.

Adrian Davey, head of IT at Tube Lines, said, "Our planned upgrade onto Windows Vista had to be economically efficient. With 2,500 seats, we estimate we would save £40 to £50 in terms of power savings." Over the life of PCs, Davey said this would equate to savings worth half a million pounds.

Davey said the energy savings would help Tube Lines meet its targets to reduce its carbon footprint. Tube Lines is due to roll out Vista in September 2007.

Geoff Connell, chief information office at the London Borough of Newham, estimated the council would save £50 per PC across the 5,000 PCs the councils has. "Even with all the internal PR efforts and green initiates, we found that 1,200 people were still leaving their PCs on overnight," he said. Connell said he expected he would save £50 per PC in energy costs by making use of the power-savings features in Vista.

Energy saving would vary depending on how the PC is used. "if someone is running a screen saver picture of their family on their desktop PC, this will consume power from the graphics processor," Connell said.

Connell said Newham would upgrade to Vista in 2009.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can only think of one reason not to get Vista...

1. It sucks :pound: so I had to get the Vista update>>> XP

:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom