Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

~500 uniques a day and can't seem to convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a domain that gets 500 uniques per day on average. Most of the traffic is 404 from spyware sites, but with a bit of .htaccess work I was able to catch it all and redirect it to the index page on the site. My question is what should I do to convert the traffic into money?

Domain summit 2024

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where are you redirecting the traffic to. If the traffic aint targetted you'll have a hard time converting, regardless of how much your getting.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You mean anti-spyware sites? Or sites that list malicious tools etc.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, not really spyware, but it's getting traffic from sites that are basically nothing more than search pages and activex loaders. It's backlinked on a lot of these type of sites.

I'm redirecting traffic to another site at the moment. (Not my local hard drive..!! lol) I don't really know what to do with this domain though. It pulls all these uniques per day but I can't seem to channel them into clicking anything.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the site about. If it's about just plain search pages, and link headers, then choose a popular target, and stick with it. Then measure the results, and change it next month. Do a month-by-month analytical comparsion, and choose what works out best.

I usually find, that when there is nothing to "target" choosing a popular item (ipod nano, xbox 360) brings in a lot of hits, and a lot of sales through the CPC model. You could always give that a try.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What name is this? If it is a quality name that makes sense, then maybe you have a problem with the total irrelevancy of the PPC links on your site.

I suspect its a rubbish name, and still drawing traffic from some old traffic generation scheme that creates nothing more than rubbish traffic.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any chance you could fill us in on the name?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a total rubbish name that has no value in itself. The traffic is the only thing good about it. It definitely doesn't get typins if that's what you mean.

What's a good site that pays CPM on popups?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not build some webpages, each one containing an
article that you think might interest these visitors. Then
put Google adsense at the top and right sides of the page, etc.
Then test each page and keep trying a different subject matter
until you get some results. If a targetted subject doesn't work,
then try subjects that have mass appeal. And use subjects
with keywords that will give you high paying ads. good luck

jelly

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Trafficz pay CPM?

I think Domainhop does too...

better than nothing :)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should attempt a few things. I would try affiliate programs like amazon and place links to software like anit-virus. The great thing about Amazon is that if you can get them to click this time of year it's a good chance they will make a holiday purchase. The Amazon cookie i believe is good for 24 hours too.

Also try ebay affiliate program...of course Google adsense if you have not gotten that...but load the site with anti spam and virus keywords to draw relevant ads. Last but not least...sell the site. You might be better off just moving the traffic to someone else.

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why don't you get the ppc template from here?

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would give trafficz to see how it converts.
If that doesn't work I would put up a site with lotx of activex, popup and dialer stuff on it.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pim(P) said:
I would give trafficz to see how it converts.
If that doesn't work I would put up a site with lotx of activex, popup and dialer stuff on it.

lol that is what they already have... It might convert there! Anyway I tested 007's name on a site and did well on it for the month or so I had it going there, and made about $30. a month on it. This is a name that has sold here a few times, and I respect 007 for not selling it here based on "traffic" like the people before him did. One person paid over 1k for this name a few month ago, and I wonder if he made the money back.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainhop.com gives you $4 per 1k hits..........good luck dude...
I personally would point it directly to AdultFriendFinder.com with an affiliate account id on the end..

-at the $30/ per sign up rate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes the domain has been sold a few times here and I ended up with the hot potato on this one. I'd rather not say the name due to the bad taste it left in people's mouths here since it was originall sold as a "traffic" name. I won't be selling it though, because I hardly think it's worth anything anymore, and maybe the traffic can be converted. I'm not in the business of selling hype or dropping off bad domains on other people. :)

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just an update, first of all, thanks for everyone's advice. I did some asking around and I found a good affiliate impression based program. I've got the domain up to $5.00 a day now. Certainly better than the $.0 a day I'd been running up before. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators