Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed 651.us

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LtlPhysics

A fellow wrote to me and wants this name for his father, as the 651 element is related to his birthday.

Dear Sir,

I'm interessted in your 651.us domain, because my
fathers date of bith is 06/28/51. ->"6/51.us" ->
651.us. I would like to build him a personal homepage.

What yould you like to have for the "651.us" domain?

Best regards

LI

I registered 651 because it's my area code. :D

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If that is the real reason, then don't expect to be able to get more than $100 from him.

Sounds like a pretty weak reason for wanting the domain, when you could get 6-51.com, 6-51.us, june51.us, bob51.us, etc and a plethera of others for the price of a registration.

If it's worth more to you, hold onto it. The value of these .us names hasn't been well established yet, but my guesstimate is around $500 for your dom.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LtlPhysics A fellow wrote to me and wants this name for his father, as the 651 element is related to his birthday. Dear Sir, I'm interessted in your 651.us domain, because my fathers date of bith is 06/28/51. ->"6/51.us" -> 651.us. I would like to build him a personal homepage. What yould you like to have for the "651.us" domain?
Best regards LI I registered 651 because it's my area code. :D

That's odd and likely is not be the real explanation.

If one really wants to reg their date of birth then 62851 makes much more sense than 651.

The strange thing is 62851.us is taken but 62851.com is available for a reg fee, and more valuable since it's a com.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Numbers in .US are a rare breed indeed. Many are restricted by the registry.

For example 62851.us is not "taken". It is reserved by the registry because it corresponds to a US zip code.

As for 651.us I say hang on to it. As for price $500 - $1000 if one is willing to wait.

L

LtlPhysics

My parents are complete computer-phobes, and they will never get it. So I would use something like DAD-RIP-651-DateYetToBeDetermined.us. Kind of morbid though.

if 651 is you for birth date nothing
if 651 is your area code may be $100

L

LtlPhysics

That's my area code. I have a couple of highways too.:razz:

P

prasit

i received a similar asking for my domain crush.us

he said he wants to build a non-profit, personal music web site and asked for a low price.

how much should i price it?

i'd suggest you tell him to go reg a .org and then hold out for a commercial value on the domain you hold. jmo.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I ditto safesys - Sometimes, you just gotta hold on and wait. A lot about this business is waiting.

quack :D

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Bogus reasons?

Why do people feel the need to tell you right off the bat what they are using the name for? Because they realize they can get a lower price.

So do people lie? Have any of you sold a domain name to a for some one's personal site, and it ended up being just as commercial as any other?

L

LtlPhysics

He's certainly interested and has emailed me again today. Does anyone have a price in mind or is the .us extension too new? I believe .us will be successful, if only because the whole planet looks to the US to come to their rescue when things go awry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators