• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

7 Million $$$ LOSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNjet

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
0
Just an interesting story to share with fellow domainers here.

I bought artgallerylive.com here from another member a while back for like $100 or something. The other day I get an email with artgallerylive.com in the subject, thought it was an inquiry from whois looking to buy the domain so I open the email. It is someone asking "how I wound up with the domain?" ,so I am now thinking somewhere along the line of trading hands it was hijacked or pushed into a wrong account or something, unusual question it seemed to me. So I answered that I purchased it somewhere, and why he was asking. The reply email he tells me he was just wondering where it wound up after all this time, because back in 2000 it was his company that he started , http://web.archive.org/web/20010202165300/http://www.artgallerylive.com/ to make the long story short, he goes on to tell me they IPO'd the company and lost 7 million $ in a relatively short time, ouch!!!
 
Ah, another bubble burst.

I found a PR release, pretty funny.
ArtGalleryLive.com Management Ltd. (CDNX:ALV) announces that the Company has moved to new corporate offices with management team, Daddy-Longlegs.com.

"This is an excellent opportunity to capitalize on the synergies that exist between ArtGalleryLive.com and Daddy-Longlegs.com enabling us to take advantage of combined resources and talent to propel ArtGalleryLive.com forward successfully and economically. Specifically, one of Daddy-LongLegs.com's existing clients has a database of 250,000 that matches our target demographic. We look forward to formalizing the relationship between the companies." stated Elizabeth Mast, President.

The move, while reducing administrative costs, allows ArtGalleryLive.com to access not only Daddy-LongLegs.com's services and infrastructure but also their experienced management and technical team.
lol @ daddy-longlegs.com
 
LOL , nice find insomnia , daddy longlegs? with a hyphen! LOL
 
AHHhhhh.... the bygone days where millions were made and lost overnight....

daddy-longs.com makes me chuckle lol :bounce:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom