• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

A few Good Salesmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
0
A FEW GOOD SALESMEN

Sales: "You want answers?"

Finance: "I think we are entitled to them!"

Sales: "You want answers?!"

Finance: "I want the truth!"

Sales: "You can't handle the truth!!!"

Sales (continuing): "Son, we live in a world that requires revenue and
profitability. And that revenue must be brought in by people with elite
skills. Who's going to find it? You? You, Mr. Operations? We have a
greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You scoff at the sales division and you curse our lucrative incentives.

You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know:

That while the cost of business results are excessive, it drives
revenue. And my very existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to
you, drives REVENUE! You don't want to know the truth because deep down
in places you don't talk about at staff meetings ... you want me on that
call. You NEED me on that call!

We use words like upgrades, discounts, extended terms, another round,
top-shelf, medium-rare, on-the-rocks, cabernet, Cohiba and foursome. We
use these words as the backbone of a life spent negotiating something.
You use them as a punch line!

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to people
who rise and sleep under the very blanket of revenue I provide and then
question the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said
"thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a
phone and make some sales calls. Either way, I don't give a damn what
you think you're entitled to!"

Finance: "Did you expense the lap dancers?"

Sales: "I did the job I was hired to do."

Finance: "Did you expense the lap dancers?!"

Sales: "You're goddamn right I did!"
 
I don't get it...
 
Not everyone will get it. You kind of need to know the famous exchange between Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in "A few good men". Also, a little experience with corporations and salesmens expense accounts helps. The "stripper expense" is kind of an old joke.
 
search this on Google for more humor

"a few good men" audio
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom