• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

A question about Forum Public Profile Page pagerank

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukantab

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
255
Reaction score
0
Hi All,
I have a question, may be it is dumb, but I don't have an answer.
I am participating in 3-4 other domianing forums like DP, NP, WMT, Domainstate etc other than DNF.
I have seen that only at Digital point user's profile page is Pageranked.
If you have good number of posts and you frequently keep posting you will get a pageranked public profile page. (To see yours, go to one of your forum posts, click on your user id and click public profile).
With 800+ posts, I have a PR2 profile page at DP...
But in no other forum, I could see anyone having a pageranked public profile page.
I have checked for the user ids with at least 3000+ posts in all other forums including DNF, but could not find one.
Any idea of how this is done?

Thanks...
 
I was going to say they probably have robot.txt or nofollow blocking spiders from profile pages so they dont get indexed and pagerank. But i see a couple of dnforum profiles are indexed. Perhaps DP have more backlinks to there profile pages.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom