Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Acquired Dishwasher,net - SdCard,net - Server,cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just acquired (pymt processed, names in escrow) Dishwasher,net, SdCard,net - Server,cm

what are your thoughts on development? Affiliate site?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Love SDcard. The newer SDXC cards recently came out. Still plenty of action on the SDHC. Perhaps make a site with updates and news on makers (SanDisk, Sony, Transcend, Patriot) and capacities. I am seeing many, many new makers in the market (Panasonic, Duracell). I am sure some are being made by others and then private label added.

I just recently saw SDXC cards with 128gb capacity. That is phenomenal! Imagine a card like that with so much capacity. I think the first computer I owned had 20 gig drive.

Forget flash drives. A simple card could easily download the entire contents of a computer. I see this as a highly potential security risk. And they will only grow (double) in capacity and speed. I am sure the 256gb and even the 500 gig+ cards are already in development.

A huge advantage that I see in this is someone like me that is into photography. Many of the newer DSL's will shoot FULL HD video. So for long journeys or trips or pre and post production applications these cards will be of huge benefit. But I am a little reluctant to put everything onto one card (only if I can immediately play back on a laptop or other device). Othewise, if you lose the card you lose a tremendous amount of data, images, video, and time you can not get back.

I think this is a very strong and dynamic name as it describes and encompasses a very large market. Site should include information on all the various SD and CF cards (and other formats like Sony Memory Stick), capacities, speeds, and classes. The shoot, read, write, burst speeds are very important as well as classes (from 2 to 10) matter a great deal to photographers.

As for affiliates, if you are eligible for Amazon affiliates, this would be a good choice. Amazon carries the full line of cards (SDHC, SDXC, CF and so on) as well as every maker and ratings.

Seriously, I think it is a great name.

The other two...well, dishwasher is okay.

The cm doesn't do a thing for me, even if it is Server.

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sdcard is a good name, but I really think you need to develop it. dishwasher is decent.

As for server.cm, I think it's a decent one, but you really should try and develop it. Most .cm domains were registered with hopes of stealing traffic away from the .com's. You will have a similar struggle when developing it as alot of visitors will type server.com instead of server.cm. There are a TON of one-word generic .cm domains out there that have not been registered. I own about four myself. Two of which sold for more than $10,000 about 2 years ago... I handregged them. That should tell you how far the .cm craze has fallen.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think I paid somewhere in mid four figures for dishwasher, and thought that it will be a great goto site for almost 100,000 exact match users searching the term in Google. whereas I paid mid three figures for SdCard and it also has decent exact match searches to get me good roi :)

Server one definitely needs good content and development, or quick flip tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom