Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Advice on pending delete domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is one aspect of the life of a domain name which has always eluded me...

I was just looking over a pending delete list of names, and see one that I really want.

Since it's pending delete, naturally it won't be available for hand registration.

But, I'm still interested in going through the necessary steps to acquire it.

The expiration date shows as August 13th, 2012, with an updated date of two days ago, October 25th, 2012.

So, here are my questions...

1. If it's registered at eNom, my best bet is to place a backorder at eNom, right?

If that is the case, I'm assuming they're just like Godaddy, in the sense that a backorder which is unsuccessful can be assigned to another name until it is captured?

2. Assuming I'm the only one going after it, how soon will the name become mine, given the listed expiry date?

I understand it to be 60 days, but it is past 60 days, so perhaps it's 90?

Any input would be very much appreciated!!

Domain Summit 2024

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen some stay in the pending delete phase for even longer than 90 days. I'm not sure there really is any rhyme or rhythm. I've has success with Namejet personally. Although I'd recommend you backorder on Pool, Namejet and eNom. Just hope and pray it doesn't end up at Pool with their mystery bidder con.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if the name is showing as PD on NJ, note the date, then try to hand-reg if you don't see bids

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if the name is showing as PD on NJ, note the date, then try to hand-reg if you don't see bids

What timeframe after the PD date should I await to attempt to hand-reg this one?

sparty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What timeframe after the PD date should I await to attempt to hand-reg this one?
same day PD bidding ends, depending on the extension they are released over the same 1.5-2 hours everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom