• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Advice on trademark-sensitive domain URLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJizzel

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
I've seen the subject pop up in numerous threads here at DNForum, but I kind of wanted to get a more direct answer on the topic. I was just curious on how often trademark infringement is enforced by companies.

For example, I see a lot of threads with YouTube or MySpace in the URL. Is this something taken very seriously by the companies themselves, and if so do they normally just send you some type of notice via email (etc) letting you know of any said infringements on their names? And do they normally win the rights to your domain name if they proceed with that type of legal notice?

Hopefully I can get some good responses on this because I've found some decent names I'd like to acquire through several auctions but I'm very worried about trademark issues with the site names themselves. It would probably be very helpful to a lot of users out there as well possibly wondering the same thing about this particular issue.

Thanks again in advance!
 
If there is a TM issue then don't waste your money registering them.. Most companies defend their mark with vigour.
 
if u like taking risk then go ahead and buy them. But for a multiple of under 24 months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom