• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

AHHHHHHHHHHH, I been hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That happens every now and then.

There is not much we can do, make sure to patch your script.

Thanks
 
SemperFidelis.com - great name.
 
How did they do that?
Beats me. Backdoor? Password? I don't know.

Not yet if they hacked into the server, joomla script or the photopost script.

Can't login until I get home.
 
Yep. Gotta keep your script patched and updated.
 
Happened once to a client of mine, she had an easy password set for her ftp account and somehow someone figured it out and uploaded a bunch of index pages to every directory... they were really thorough, too, they had .html, .htm, .asp, .aspx, .php, etc...
 
Got it fixed. Apparently all the joomla sites on the server were hacked the same way.

Will have to look into why though.
 
Quite possibly a Joomla exploit. These are script-kiddies, not hackers.
 
Got it fixed. Apparently all the joomla sites on the server were hacked the same way.

Will have to look into why though.

Just one of the reasons I don't like Joomla...
 
I knew it was Joomla. Joomla is easy to secure as long as you keep it up to date and make sure your scripts work well with it.
 
Are you on .12? Because .10 and .11 have known holes.
 
Current ver: Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ] 25 December 2006 01:00 UTC

There is no known security issue in the current release of joomla. Server and other script program is another backdoor to defaced your website.

I see your website is back up again. It's time to update and backup.
 
Still, I must say I am impressed by the domain name.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom