Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Airbnb domains

JesJes

Level 1
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about this?

Airbnb domains are mainly brand protected.
However ABNB domains are not brand protected. ABNB is the official name of airbnb in NYSE. Also trending now in google trends.
What is interesting - google keywords treat ABNB and AIRBNB words as their synonyms.

I have now reserved buch of these domains and looking to sell them as there is thousands and thousands of hosts setting up their direct hosting sites

abnb.homes
abnb.house
abnb.rentals
abnb.life
etc. etc.

What would be a good price for such domains. The domain appraisals do not quite understand them.

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about this?

Hi

even if there is no tm for abnb, your intent in registering was made.

and since those letters are recognized as their trade symbol,
then only an alternative usage to that brand, using those letters, would legitimize them....
ie: if airbnb filed a C&D against you for infringement.

and those are my thoughts...

imo...

JesJes

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi
even if there is no tm for abnb, your intent in registering was made.
and since those letters are recognized as their trade symbol,
then only an alternative usage to that brand, using those letters, would legitimize them....
ie: if airbnb filed a C&D against you for infringement.
and those are my thoughts...
imo...

JesJes

Level 1
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from. However my point is to sell these domains to people hosting a bnb property :).

A Break And Breakfast = ABNB :)
so - basically there is nothing wrong here.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
However my point is to sell these domains to people hosting a bnb property

Hi

bnb hosts, have to adhere to certain airbnb marketing and advertising policies
perhaps you should familiarize yourself with them, first.

also, if i gave my thoughts,
then what do you think, those who host airbnb properties will think, when you approach them about buying those names?

just saying...

imo....

JesJes

Level 1
Reaction score
Yeah I see your point. Airbnb has reserved rights to deny anyone reserving domains including their brand.

However ABNB is a registered trademark from another company.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Second what @Biggie said about familiarizing yourself with the terms and agreements that AirBNB hosts must abide by, which could be not utilizing their TM.

abnb would be alright if marketed as "a bed and breakfast" dot matching whatever, but I wouldn't park it and risk getting C&Ds.

However, your money would be better off invested in 1 good .com as all of those added up would be about that price which could return a better ROI if you are patient and can sell.

If I were you, I'd get a list of all cities and towns with the most populations to find out tourist destinations and how many flock there. Then, I'd run a bulk search of citybnb.com, and then see if that city/town already has bnb or registered AirBNB's so you know there is a market for both. Sell it to the existing BNB owners as a way to develop a minisite to prop it up in search as well as a link into their AirBNB listing to prop it up too.

I just did a search for KelsoBNB.com (nothing of interest there but I know hotels are always booked as people travel through so people may rely on AirBNB, but not at this time due to Covid restrictions so it could be a long hold). I searched AirBNB for Kelso BNBs and found 116 listed for the date so I have 116 leads to sell a hand registered .com for a minimum of 1 night's stay for a quick flip (but I would charge more as it could give them an upper hand and allow them to become a super host if they aren't already or to be constantly booked). A freebie there with research for KelsoBNB.com. :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators