Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Alexa.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen - It has come to my attention that "a review" was posted on Alexa.com stating the following:

"Greedy, 2/12/03
Reviewer: Yury Byalik
Its a good site to discuss domains with people but in my opinion, the owner got greedy by charging members $10-$50 a month for access to the forums. All other forums, domain name related or not, are FREE"

I have posted the following reply which will take a few days to be processed and would suggest that anyone who feels as strongly as I do about the stupidity of some of the people who we are forced to share this world with, considers doing the same.

"I am more than happy to pay $10-$50 to be a member of a site which MOST DEFINATELY justifies this expense. In fact, if the prices were doubled tomorrow - this would make no difference to me. It is not a case of "greed", It is a case of "reality". Why should we expect the owner to pay the hosting, bandwith costs etc. for something which we are directly benefitting from? Should we not contribute?
I live in the real world and understand that nothing good comes free. May my membership fee continue to be spent as it is now - keeping the site updated, fast-loading, graphics and feature rich.
Long live the capitalism that gives us all the opportunity to have the choice to pay for quality - and good luck to everyone connected with dnforum.com - It's a great site!"

Great also to see the site breaking into the top 2000 -

Mark

Domain summit 2024

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish it was $10-$50/month :)

Those reviews don't bother me. You notice I gave the site a bad review. :)

Thanks for the rebuttal UKPro. :)

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My Pleasure Greg - I have enjoyed my first week here at DN and I believe strongly that credit should be given where credit is due. I have also met a lot of very nice people and made some new friends (Only after buying some of their domains of course). All that is now left in order to fulfill my ambitions is to find a nice "platinum member" girlfriend who owns a few thousand generic, dictionary, .com domains - that is one of the reasons why I joined dnforum.com and not kiss.com

Good Luck

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol UKPro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators