• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Amazing how many people don´t know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
780
Reaction score
0
about the value of (certain) domain names.

When I say "value" I am talking not only about financials, but more about difficulties in actually registering certain domains (i.e. LLL) without any help.

What gets me to this statement?

I recently contacted owners of LLL.info, LLL.net and LLL.biz. Some of the domains were soon to expire and my polite inquiry was about buying the names if they had no interest in them anymore.

I would have fully understood a "oh, I was not aware that the domain soon expires" or - obviously - a reasonable sum, but the majority of replies was this:

"I have no interest in LLL.info anymore and therefore cancelled the domain. Please contact registrarX, who I had the name with, surely they can just give it to you"

:boom:

Would YOU cancel a LLL.info/net/biz ?
I think I would rather pay the renewal fees...
 
Someone's treasure is another man's trash...

They have value for you because you make money with them, for them those domains don't have any value at all.
 
about the value of (certain) domain names.

When I say "value" I am talking not only about financials, but more about difficulties in actually registering certain domains (i.e. LLL) without any help.

What gets me to this statement?

I recently contacted owners of LLL.info, LLL.net and LLL.biz. Some of the domains were soon to expire and my polite inquiry was about buying the names if they had no interest in them anymore.

I would have fully understood a "oh, I was not aware that the domain soon expires" or - obviously - a reasonable sum, but the majority of replies was this:

"I have no interest in LLL.info anymore and therefore cancelled the domain. Please contact registrarX, who I had the name with, surely they can just give it to you"

:boom:

Would YOU cancel a LLL.info/net/biz ?
I think I would rather pay the renewal fees...


Interesting... :greenwink:
 
about the value of (certain) domain names.

"I have no interest in LLL.info anymore and therefore cancelled the domain. Please contact registrarX, who I had the name with, surely they can just give it to you"
COLOR]


Makes you wonder why they regg'ed the domains in the 1st place? doesnt make any sense :greensighw:
 
So you were the person who spammed me a million times? Or who was it...
 
So you were the person who spammed me a million times? Or who was it...

spammed a million times eh? for 1500 names...:bounce:

To aviod getting emails that say "I deleted it" or w/e dont contact ones coming up for renewal.
 
Ive found most people who have a LLL do know what they have...lol If they didnt Id be rich ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom