Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Amazon.com Terminate's Its Associates Program For All Of California Residents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Well this did not take long: I received at 9:38pm PST June 29 2011:

Hello,

Unfortunately, Governor Brown has signed into law the bill that we emailed you about earlier today. As a result of this, contracts with all California residents participating in the Amazon Associates Program are terminated effective today, June 29, 2011.

Those California residents will no longer receive advertising fees for sales referred to Amazon.com, Endless.com, MYHABIT.COM or SmallParts.com. Please be assured that all qualifying advertising fees earned before today will be processed and paid in full in accordance with the regular payment schedule.

You are receiving this email because our records indicate that you are a resident of California. If you are not currently a resident of California, or if you are relocating to another state in the near future, you can manage the details of your Associates account here. And if you relocate to another state in the near future please contact us for reinstatement into the Amazon Associates Program.

To avoid confusion, we would like to clarify that this development will only impact our ability to offer the Associates Program to California residents and will not affect your ability to purchase from Amazon.com, Endless.com, MYHABIT.COM or SmallParts.com.

We have enjoyed working with you and other California-based participants in the Amazon Associates Program and, if this situation is rectified, would very much welcome the opportunity to re-open our Associates Program to California residents. As mentioned before, we are continuing to work on alternative ways to help California residents monetize their websites and we will be sure to contact you when these become available.

Regards,

The Amazon Associates Team

Message Category: Notice of Termination due to New California Law

© 2011 Amazon.com. All rights reserved. Amazon.com is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon.com, 410 Terry Avenue N., Seattle, WA 98109-5210, USA.

___

I Had Posted This Just A Couple Days Ago: ‘Amazon Tax’ Would Kill 25K CA Businesses

___
Dan

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the CNN money article

This puts a cat among the pigeons..

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken that's now California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, North Carolina, and Rhode Island.

internext

Got Internet?
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup. Im in CT and Amazon terminated me too.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been getting dozens of notices from companies stating they are pulling their programs if you are in those states. But at the same time been flooded with requests from advertisers looking for new publishers with American traffic.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fortunately for consumers, Amazon won't be collecting Sales Taxes anytime soon, and they should be applauded for refusing to be "Tax collectors" for the State.... I was reading an article where Exxon Mobile employs over 20,000 employees and occupies 4 entire floors of a office building that primarily handles the bookkeeping for taxes paid at the pump, Disbursing Millions of dollars to Federal, State and Local levels, It must be nice for Government to sit on their ass and collect all that money for doing absolutely NOTHING, dont you think?... This is exactly what they want Amazon and Overstock to do, collect taxes that their not able to collect themselves, Which the State is also NOT entitled to under Article I, Section 10 of the Constitution, which forbids any state to tax imports from other states.

Members who are California residents like CompanyOne, myself and some others, are familiar with Prop. 25 that was recently passed, It was a proposition that gave the legislature the power to pass a budget with a simple majority, and since Democrats control both the State Assembly and Senate, this was quite easy to do here, Democrats included the Amazon/Overstock tax as part of the budget, this was a budget that needed to be passed so legislators could get paid, And they did it against Republican opposition. Who was the biggest proponent of Prop. 25? Public Employee Unions.... And they used lies and deception to pull it off, So if your a Amazon affiliate who got canned or if your a shopper who's opposed to paying a sales tax, blame the ignorant assholes of this State who voted for it AND blame the Politicians and Unions who made it all happen.

California is the hole for $26 BILLION dollars mostly due to the cost of public employee pensions and other entitlement spending that have long been a drain on the State, Calpers alone pays out pensions of $100,000 or more a year, to more than 9,000 retirees and many are in their early to mid 50's.. NOT a shred of Pension reform was included in this budget, instead of addressing the underlying problem and reforming it, Democrats continue to dream up more ways to TAX and increase revenues, even it means driving businesses out of State, They DON"T care, their career politicians who are bought and paid for by the Unions and reforming anything associated with the Unions is NOT an option.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just sick and tired of us carrying a bigger burden of taxes while public employees live their comfortable and lavish lifestyles, it really pisses me off!

Last edited:

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Colorado here and thats a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators