• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

any incoming link regrets or problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

March2005

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
406
Reaction score
0
I am wondering if anyone ever has submitted a link to their website to a website that offers free links or $1 pixels or whatever, and then later regretted that they have that link pointing to them.

I realize that there is a big difference between linking to a "bad" website, and having a "bad" website linking to you.

Google says:

"Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100)."

and

"Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web, as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links."

Am I being paranoid, or should I try to get all the links that I can to my websites?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom