• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Arhhhh, got a *&%^$ buyer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienGG

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
0
I created an escrow transaction for a buyer of one of my domains today.
You know most Google adsense advertisers put multiple o's for Google. For example, Goooooooooooooooooooogle, even though it doesn't really exist. So I did the same thing with the TITLE. However, on the item description, it was the real domain name which really matters.

He got confused by the title, unfortunately, and threatened me that he had reported such a "fraudulent activity" to the authority whoever it is.

Holly moly!
 
I dont think you can complain really, why would you put thw wrong domain in the title anyway? your just asking for trouble.
 
Basically you can write anything for the title. It doesn't even have to be the domain name. It can be like "A Domain Name". It doesn't mean that I was selling a domain called "A Domain Name".
But for the item description, it's the correct domain that he was buying.
Those people sounded cool to me, but now I know what they are made of. :)
 
escrow deals are'nt games and it's not funny...imagine if it was you buying a domain name and you got that transaction title? Get serious & make money.
 
Price to pay, lessons to learn. I sent him an email and hope I didn't screw up this round.
 
Next time use the domain name in the title - it saves time to all parties involved. I usually put "Domain.tld - BUYING" or "SELLING"
 
Deal got turned down. Now I got a lesson learned...
 
Just because your dealing in domains and on the internet, doesn't mean you should act any less professional than if you were making a deal face to face.

The Internet is my business, So Everything I do business wise has to be professional.

Best of luck next time.
 
Tough lesson learned buddy.... but sometimes, we need them. Take care and which you the best next timel.
 
Thanks guys. I will stick this in my mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom