Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Auction Fraud Bloodhound Training!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know we already have excellent members that can spot auction fraud a mile away. Everyone needs to sharpen their skills, else the the auctions here will turn this place into another Afternic.
With that in mind I came across this on Ebay. It's lesson # 1.

Someone appears to want to get rid of a bunch of campersales domain names.

First there is the campersales.com auction which now sets at US $3,427.00 (reserve not yet met). Maybe it's worth that much but I don't think so.

Then there is the campersales.net auction with the title CamperSales.com___Or The Next Best Thing!!!!! that refers to the campersales.com auction and the high price it's fetching and the auction just happens to be a private auction. They latch on to a sucker on this one and he's going for a ride.

Then there's several other camper names such as campersales.us throughout Ebay. My guess is the reason for this is to show campers are big and of course sell more names. :)

Since it's likely someone that's part of this might be a member here, If you are, feel free to tell me I'm full of crap. :)

Upvote 0

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
I know we already have excellent members that can spot auction fraud a mile away. Everyone needs to sharpen their skills, else the the auctions here will turn this place into another Afternic.
With that in mind I came across this on Ebay. It's lesson # 1.

Someone appears to want to get rid of a bunch of campersales domain names.

First there is the campersales.com auction which now sets at US $3,427.00 (reserve not yet met). Maybe it's worth that much but I don't think so.

Then there is the campersales.net auction with the title CamperSales.com___Or The Next Best Thing!!!!! that refers to the campersales.com auction and the high price it's fetching and the auction just happens to be a private auction. They latch on to a sucker on this one and he's going for a ride.

Then there's several other camper names such as campersales.us throughout Ebay. My guess is the reason for this is to show campers are big and of course sell more names. :)

Since it's likely someone that's part of this might be a member here, If you are, feel free to tell me I'm full of crap. :)

I seen also.. But you know greg tens of millions of americans go camping every year...really isnt that bad of name ..ONLY as a "keyword" domain though...

But worth 3K ? not to me . but possibly to any one of these "Camper Sales" dealerships http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=camper+sales

This ebay auction smells more like hype than fraud...has the feel of any american fair.. you know over by games...and the carny is yelling out 3 balls for a $1 win your girl the biggest teddy bear on the planet type stuff..

Hey you spents $20 throwing those balls and won her a $3 Teddy Bear..

It's middle of winter and Only 2,000 searches a month for "camper sales"..lets check back in June and check those overture numbers again...
http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

Nope..not my auction..

Domain Summit 2024

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No it's not really fraud unless fake bids were used to hike up campersales.com or fake bids show up after a bidder stumbles upon campersales.net.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
No it's not really fraud unless fake bids were used to hike up campersales.com or fake bids show up after a bidder stumbles upon campersales.net.

Well in that case you are implying shill bidding..lets take a look at who is bidding..

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=2087530148

Thats' nice I see LUCIFER is bidding (landr666).. :D :laugh:

I dont recall ever reading anything about the Devil being big into camping ? You dont suppose he is up to no good do ya? Nah..so it aint so satan ! :laugh:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah there seems to be a lot of zeros and sunglasses. Even the devil has sunglasses. I didn't know you needed sunglasses in hell. :eek:

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is how a lot of people get burned. Remember the guy who bought all those car domains (2003Viper, etc.) and posted them here for appraisal a week ago? People asked him what made him register all the names (99% crap, 1% TM). He told me that what happened was that he was on eBay and saw all those idiots selling all those Viper and Hummer domains. They were bidding on their own domains, but this guy didnt know. He saw the huge demand for these names and the multiple bids and high prices and went and registered $300 worth of crap. eBay does not give a flying ---- about this, all they car about is their fees.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gregr sometimes the sellers get suckered in too. Some newbie domain speculator could land on ebay thinkiing "hmmm I wonder what domains are worth money" . They see this campersales.com FAKE sale and think to themselves they can do that too. It's viral. . . The hummer names seem big too. I dont necessarily think that they're all conspiring together (could be) but there's allso a possible group of other suckers . NEW SELLERS/SPECULATORS.

If you're a registrar this is a dream come true. Dont we all remember how valueable the 3G names were?? Same thing.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>Even the devil has sunglasses. I didn't know you needed sunglasses in hell.

Thats just cuz his future is so bright with all the people that want to party with him...

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I do have campersale.com. I was surprised at the price myself and even posted here about the value, in the appraisal section. I even emailed the "campersales.com" lister on ebay to find out what there reserve was? No reply. All those car domains, I get sick of seeing them. I believe it actually lowers the value of my FerrariDealers.com name. I registered that just based on overture hits for ferrari. Im just going to assume that a lot of new people get hammered by these people. I have had people with almost 500 stars on ebay kicked off. Case in point. About a year ago, one word domain auction. They sold it five times. Simply means that they were requesting non paying bidder refunds. Trust me folks, ebay will let you list anything, but when they find out that they are issuing refunds because of this fraud, they act suprisingly fast. I took great pleasure in seeing that guys accouunts wiped out. 500 stars takes a hell of a long time for most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators