Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Auction Start Time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please could we have the Saturday night auction at a earlier time ?

Even a few hours earlier would help.

I know the American's like there football and all that.

But in England its 2am when the auction starts.

And since the biggest investors like MikeMike and DomainEmpire are in Italy, they are another hour in front of me.

Tired face >

:weird:

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it a few hours earlier either.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New member Mtec (who won one of my auctions and paid immediately) is also from Europe. UK/Europeans are definitely among the most active buyers. I would like to see them accomodated. Now that football season is over in the States - how about a Sunday afternoon start time to replace the games? Maybe around 4pm Eastern (9pm in the UK)? Saturday afternoon might work just as well. Gives people in the US time to enjoy their day, do the late afternon auction and still go out in the evening (though I think GregR mentioned Sats. pose a problem for him as he needs to go out of town occasionally).

I think we all understand that no matter what time is put out there, it will not work for a certain segment of a membership that is scattered around the globe. I can personally make it whenever it is but would like to see the largest number of people accomodated because the auction is going to be THE place in the domain community to buy and sell names quickly and at reasonable prices (it blows Ebay away).

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Duke to begin the auction around 4pm because I'm always unable to attend it until the end and I'm losing a chance on several names of my interest every time. Consider I leave it every time around 4:30Am (Italian time) when less than 50% of available names have been auctioned.

I attend the auction more to look for new acquisitions than to sell something so I'd appreciate, once again, a most favorable time for us Europeans too, thanks :)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like Sunday at 5pm CST.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sunday afternoon should be ok, at least I still have saturday night for pleasure ....

Regards,
tw

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afternoon please - the fact that one or two Europeans stay up until 4/5am is merely testimony to their stamina - better results would be acheived by having more able to attend.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sunday afternoon @ 2:00 pm

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sunday 3 or 4 pm eastern sounds great. Sunday just seems more like a day of rest and kicking back and coming to the auction fits the bill for me.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by think
Sunday 3 or 4 pm eastern sounds great. Sunday just seems more like a day of rest and kicking back and coming to the auction fits the bill for me.

Who knows - Sunday afternoon auctions might get so big the NFL would find their audience gone when they return next fall :)

Then they would have to pay GregR to move out of their time slot and we could forget all of these other monetizing opportunities we have been kicking around to support the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators