• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Auschwitz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainMaster said:
I think these domains should have no significance other than being names of Polish cities. I'm sick of this entire holocaust industry. These tragic events should not be used to make money. Unfortuantely, this is the case and it's not the victims who make profit but those unscrupulous others who have no sense of morality. And just to remind you all folks, it was Poles, Jews and Gypsies that were killed and not the "chosen" ones alone.

P.S. What about other genocides? Nobody seems to care.
I do not agree with you DomainMaster.

I think this should be remembered again and again... we can't forget what happened in this particular city.

IMO this domain should be developed in respect of those people that where kill there.
 
Tell me, why? Why is it so much more important than other genocides? BTW, most people from that time have passed away. Jews have been compensated but what about Poles, Slovaks, Czechs and Gypsies? They suffered too. Another questions comes to mind, who should pay? Germans or Nazis? It was a time of war and millions of people were humiliated and killed but no other nation have been compansated but the Jewish nation. Is that fair? I don't think so. Did the money given to Jews belong to the Nazis? Most of it was the German nation's treasure. How can we blame an entire nation for evil deeds of their governments? Should Americans be blamed for Bush' actions? I'll leave it unanswered.
 
Vorty said:
I do not agree with you DomainMaster.

I think this should be remembered again and again... we can't forget what happened in this particular city.

IMO this domain should be developed in respect of those people that where kill there.
Actually it was a Death Camp, not a city. The town of Oswiecim is near the camps though.
 
LazyD said:
Actually it was a Death Camp, not a city. The town of Oswiecim is near the camps though.
You are correct but it is considered part of Oswiecim. (German = Auschwitz)

All over the world, Auschwitz has become a symbol of terror, genocide, and the Holocaust. It was established by the Nazis in 1940, in the suburbs of the city of Oswiecim which, like other parts of Poland, was occupied by the Germans during the Second World War. The name of the city of Oswiecim was changed to Auschwitz, which became the name of the camp as well.

source: http://www.auschwitz-muzeum.oswiecim.pl/html/eng/start/index.php
 
"not the "chosen" ones alone."

Tsk tsk....nastiness rears its ugly head. From what I gather this thread wasn't about anything but the fact that porn links were showing. Its unfortunate you turn the thread into something it isn't.
 
izoot said:
"not the "chosen" ones alone."

Tsk tsk....nastiness rears its ugly head. From what I gather this thread wasn't about anything but the fact that porn links were showing. Its unfortunate you turn the thread into something it isn't.

Very much agree.
 
I wil enlighten with the best Ebay ad I ever saw on Sedo parking page:
Aids
Looking for Aids? Find exactly what you want today
www.eBay.com
 
denny007 said:
I wil enlighten with the best Ebay ad I ever saw on Sedo parking page:
Aids
Looking for Aids? Find exactly what you want today
www.eBay.com
hahahahaha, i love your random and funny jokes, lightens the mood, and really, i dont think this should be forgotten but maybe move on from the events and learn from it rather than dwindle over what has already fallen?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom