• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Be careful about copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2003
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
91
A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to help the other monks copy the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up. In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son." So, he goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are kept in a locked vault that hadn't been opened for hundreds of years.

Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot. So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees the abbot banging his head against the wall and wailing, "We missed the 'R,' we missed the 'R'."

His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably.

The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?"

With a choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was CELEBRATE."
 
BRILLIANT!!!:frusty:

:caked:
 
haha nice one dale.
 
Sorry for my ignorance of this funny story.
by the way, I still don't get the point of the story, but I want to understand the story and laugh like the other members.

Could you guys tell me, if R is omitted from CELEBRATE, it will be "CELEBATE"? What does "CELEBATE" mean anyways?

"With a choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was CELEBRATE."
 
sorry, please delete this post. Now I understand it.
 
???????
So this joke makes it that the abbot thought till now that they were not suppose to marry and have sex but after checking the manuscript, it was actually telling them to celebrate?
 
Now I understand it fully ! Ha Ha Ha.
It is so funny ! No wonder the abbot was so mad and angry!
Thank you guys for the answer. Sorry for my slow understanding!

"Why are Catholic priests celebate?" celebate is a slang !!!!! I found it google.com
http://www.atforumz.com/showthread.php?t=264408
 
There is artistic licence here. "Celebate" is the wrong spelling. It sould be "celibate". But it's close enough. And it can mean both to abstain from sex and not to be married.
 
There is artistic licence here. "Celebate" is the wrong spelling. It sould be "celibate". But it's close enough. And it can mean both to abstain from sex and not to be married.

contunuing your explanation it is And it can mean both to abstain from sex and not to be married for religious reasons .....FANTASTIC JOKE Azooza I almost fell off my chair.
 
Thank you for your fantastic answer ! :peace:

There is artistic licence here. "Celebate" is the wrong spelling. It sould be "celibate". But it's close enough. And it can mean both to abstain from sex and not to be married.
 
Great joke Azooza. do you still have more..lol
 
I only try and do good ones, so I don't post many. Also some of the better ones aren't suitable for posting here ;-) I'll have a look in my 'joke' folder and see if I can find another one or two ... Might even start a joke site actually. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.
 
Good Job, aZooZa ! :peace: :peace: :peace:

I only try and do good ones, so I don't post many. Also some of the better ones aren't suitable for posting here ;-) I'll have a look in my 'joke' folder and see if I can find another one or two ... Might even start a joke site actually. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom