Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Be nice to your fellow member;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive not been a member long here but i have noticed a tone throughout the site by certain members and i think it is stopping members from returning to the site

A prime example is when someone asks for help or an appraisal and the replies are all cheeky and sarcastic. Im not saying we should all put smiley faces on or whatever but theres no need for criticism if it is not constructive

Sadly i think this is more common with members who have high posts - i believe that a member should be judged by the quality of his posts rather than the number of posts he or she may have

This is in no way a criticism of the site - i think this site is great with loads of members who are very knowledgable but after my first few posts i was tempted not to come back because of the sarcasm of the replies in some threads

So come peeps - Be nice to your fellow DNForum'er :):)

Upvote 0

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey fonzi,

I agree 100%. The mods here do a great job of keeping things fairly clean. There is an advantage to leaving the rude posts of the antagonists. It shows better than anything exactly who and what everyone is. Enjoy the forum and keep coming back. There are far more good folks here than there are bad ones and there is lots to be learned.

L

lhague

...I'll drink to that!
cocktail.jpg

:)

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well said.. :cool:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A living is made by what you get.
A life is made by what you give.

:)

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by winfreecash
hey fonzi,

I agree 100%. The mods here do a great job of keeping things fairly clean. There is an advantage to leaving the rude posts of the antagonists. It shows better than anything exactly who and what everyone is. Enjoy the forum and keep coming back. There are far more good folks here than there are bad ones and there is lots to be learned.

i think you hit the nail on the head when you said leave the posts of the antagonists :)

M

mole

It's time, though I hate it when it's time :-

1. Win, I hope you don't encourage this board to degrade into the brainwashing techniques applied by cults i.e. gain my trust, open your aperture to my influence, and let me autopilot you :)

2. fonze, I hope you don't expect seasoned professionals to buy into the classic mann "Please, don't bully me. Be nice to me."That's a typical 'victim' response 9 out of 10 times.

Dnforum is successful because of all those who contributed their thoughts willingl in a democratic and spirited way. This is not a communist state, nor is it a dictatorial state. We say it like it is.

Think about the above for a while.

Let your inner consciousness process this for just a while.

And maybe, just maybe, you'll accept that you learn more from criticism, than from affirmation.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i want criticism of my domains or websites - it stops me from getting lazy but , but i only want constructive critisicm

what is the point of someone replying something like that sucks or whatever :)

im sorry but i cant but into that all members here are seasoned professionals - seasoned professionals act like professionals not like a spolied child with daddys credit card

M

mole

Originally posted by fonzerelli_79
i want criticism of my domains or websites - it stops me from getting lazy but , but i only want constructive critisicm

what is the point of someone replying something like that sucks or whatever :)

im sorry but i cant but into that all members here are seasoned professionals - seasoned professionals act like professionals not like a spolied child with daddys credit card

Try DisneyLand

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
C'mon Namepopper -
You made a mistake, friend. Apologize and I WILL forgive you!
Thanks and Good Luck.
-Meg :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Issue" has been resolved! I was as much at fault as the other party, perhaps more so. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience everyone ... Now, let's get to talking some domains.
-Meg :)

CrucialDom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
This is not a communist state, nor is it a dictatorial state.

It's non even a domain state (sorry couldn't resist ;) )

CrucialDom

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom