• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Black Friday Shopping, Anybody go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

007

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
5
I thought about heading over to Best Buy for a nice 512MB video card they had but I decided I didn't want to wait all night in the cold. :-)

People around here lined up as early as midnight.

Anybody go shopping today? If so, did you get what you wanted?
 
I didnt but my wife said traffic from NYC was backed up to woodbury commons on the thruway for 2 hours. I stayed home all day and fed the turkeys/birds and stayed on the porch it was about 60 degrees in NY today beatiful weather, the older you get the more you appreciate the simple things in life.
 
my buddy was in line at ebgames at 9pm, so i joined him at 11pm til 8am for a wii, turns out ups didnt show up, or was delivering late so it was for nothing, but it was a good time.
 
I thought about heading over to Best Buy.....

I should have gone to Best Buy earlier Friday morning. They had a nice deal on
a 17 inch. HP laptop. $ 899. 2 gig ram. 160 gig harddrive. They were sold
out when I got there around 11 am.

I ended up buying the same laptop on friday with 1 gig and 120 gig harddrive
at Costco on special for $ 899. It was an "ok" deal.

Surprisingly, my family didn't buy a lot this weekend. And, from others I spoke with,
they also didn't buy a lot.

That tells me that the retailers are going to need more deals in the future
to motivate educated buyers to part with their money.
 
Wait and see how many more specials they'll have till after Christmas. Best day to shop: Dec. 26th :D
 
my buddy was in line at ebgames at 9pm, so i joined him at 11pm til 8am for a wii, turns out ups didnt show up, or was delivering late so it was for nothing, but it was a good time.

WTF, I'd be pissed! Glad you saw the funny side to it :)
 
I got some numbers out of a relative that works at circuit city, they did $350,000 in sales, a usual day is $30,000.
 
I got some numbers out of a relative that works at circuit city, they did $350,000 in sales, a usual day is $30,000.

Something tells me that electronic retails don't go "black" on Black Friday. Of course the successful ones do so during the coming 4+ weeks.
 
Camped out at Wal-Mart, yes you heard me right.

Waited in line from 9PM untill 5AM. We actually went with a video camera. Made a nice little video as the night progressed. Interviewed people thoughout the night. Started some chanting and pumped people up to the point where people were pushing. I was 7th in line, it ended up being over 500 people before the store actually opened.

I managed to pick up a 20 inch flatscreen for $60. 3 Portable DVD players for $40 each and a VCR - DVD dubber for $99.

Not half bad, considering we went for fun. You can bet I will have a link for you once we get that tape on youtube.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom