• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Bob.com on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy, or should I say, Bob, has tried to sell a few of his domains many times. I love the fact that each time he doesn't sell a name he waits 6 months or a year and then he boosts his asking price by about 20 percent.

Think he might of had some luck though as he used to own Dividend.com and I'm not certain but it appears he may have sold that one. I believe he might have a few other gems.
 
I still don't understand why this seller doesn't do more to make his eBay auction look legit. I've "complained" about this before. At least all of the words are spelled correctly this time. But I still just get the feeling the auction took 2 seconds to list, which is just a red flag for me. Why can't someone with an expensive domain like this put some more effort into selling the name, or pay someone else to do it. I know the name speaks for itself, but 99.9% (slightly exaggerated) of ebay domain listings are fraudulent, so why wouldn't he do everything he could to make his auction more inviting?

Just the opinion of a jealous critic who will never be able to afford a name like this.
 
The majority of the time those who are selling domains at ridiculous prices are only listing them for cheap advertising with no intention of selling.
 
The majority of the time those who are selling domains at ridiculous prices are only listing them for cheap advertising with no intention of selling.

And it always works, Ebay.com cant do anything about it because the seller is paying for that listing...
 
At least all of the words are spelled correctly this time.
Funny, he got "through" and "mutually" wrong
Transfer will go though a mutully agreed upon escrow company.
Agreed tho, listing looks like it's been done in 10 seconds. Probably has
 
yes, its all about advertising. A very cheap way to advertise your site.
 
Funny, he got "through" and "mutually" wrong

Agreed tho, listing looks like it's been done in 10 seconds. Probably has


Lol,I thought I put a :) in there somewhere. Trust me, my spelling isn't THAT bad! (firefox's new inline spell check has probably boosted my spelling skills 1000%)
 
I still don't understand why this seller doesn't do more to make his eBay auction look legit. I've "complained" about this before. At least all of the words are spelled correctly this time. But I still just get the feeling the auction took 2 seconds to list, which is just a red flag for me.

Well i wouldn't say the red flag but i do get you point. The seller just thought what the hell i'll list on eBay and made an auction in what 3 minutes (tops). If he was really going to sell bob.com then i'm sure he would of started to contact end-users (aka. everyone in the world called bob with some spare cash ;) ) and/or contacted a brokerage firm to work on his behalf as well as selling on a place where domainers with money are likely to go i.e T.R.A.F.F.I.C etc.

However, if people are selling i wish they would try a little harder with the presentation of the auction to make it look a little more appealing to be purchased by potential bidders and buyers (its like buying a house, presentation is everything ;) )
 
I should have never dropped this domain....ohh well...I have others
 
Well i wouldn't say the red flag but i do get you point. The seller just thought what the hell i'll list on eBay and made an auction in what 3 minutes (tops). If he was really going to sell bob.com then i'm sure he would of started to contact end-users (aka. everyone in the world called bob with some spare cash ;) ) and/or contacted a brokerage firm to work on his behalf as well as selling on a place where domainers with money are likely to go i.e T.R.A.F.F.I.C etc.

However, if people are selling i wish they would try a little harder with the presentation of the auction to make it look a little more appealing to be purchased by potential bidders and buyers (its like buying a house, presentation is everything ;) )

yeah, Bob Parsons
 
I should have never dropped this domain....ohh well...I have others


Are you kidding me Focus? :) You wouldn't drop domain like that I am sure of that :) heeh..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom