• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale .ca sales lists ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
4,332
Reaction score
171
Looking for a list of the most expensive .ca sales or a recent auction list(s) etc. Looking to gauge values on keywords . Thanks
 
visit over half way down are the ccTDL
http://www.dnjournal.com/ytd-sales-charts.htm

HUSH - most of the large .CA sales xx,xxx- xxx.xxx are kept private by the big boys,
not untill they are done thier shopping will the .CA explode
 
You can also check out Namebio.com also has some sales from previous years if you wanted to check them out.

Cheers,

Jay
 
Haven't been many reported lately at dnjournal - .de, .co.uk and others have been stealing the limelight.

I wonder if any other cctld's have a similar situation to .ca, where most premium generic keywords are held by probably 10 or so players.
 
Thanks guys ! Anyone have the last 2-3 drop auction lists and prices ?
 
HUSH - most of the large .CA sales xx,xxx- xxx.xxx are kept private by the big boys,
not untill they are done thier shopping will the .CA explode
what do you mean by that??:?:
 
I think he means a lot of big .ca sales are private and you never hear about them. I can't recall seeing a .ca sell for over 35 or 40k, but I'm sure some have.
 
no i meant about ,"not until they are done their shopping will dot ca explode." What does he mean?
 
Well I will paint a picture for you

You open the newspaper tommorow morning and
on the front page of the Business section you read that a .CA sold
for $xxx,xxx do you think the big boys want a free for all.
they are still looking for the bargains

Rest assured when they want the press attention
they will get it

I know of 3 CA domain sold for over xxx,xxx and one for high xx,xxx
I will not disclose the names or I will wake up with a horses head in my bed
 
Well I will paint a picture for you

You open the newspaper tommorow morning and
on the front page of the Business section you read that a .CA sold
for $xxx,xxx do you think the big boys want a free for all.
they are still looking for the bargains

Rest assured when they want the press attention
they will get it

I know of 3 CA domain sold for over xxx,xxx and one for high xx,xxx
I will not disclose the names or I will wake up with a horses head in my bed
thanks for your explanation.

and that does make sense.
 
I wish someone would share their knowledge of auction sales. I keep hearing decent numbers across the board for generics.
 
I wish someone would share their knowledge of auction sales. I keep hearing decent numbers across the board for generics.

While there's a lot of private sales that never get reported (which makes sense if you're looking to buy more), the stuff in TBR auctions often gets tracked. A good place to start is the domain sales database at:
dnsaleprice.com

You can search by TLD, just click .ca and leave the keyword space blank. You can then check out sale prices (keeping date of sale in mind) to get a sense of what stuff has historically gone for. Here's an example of what it lists for the sales between 10k-100k:
HomeTheaters.ca $12,500 Jul 07
Theaters.ca $25,000 Jul 07
Hollywood.ca $13,550 Mar 07
CanadaComputers.ca $16,055 Jan 07
Delivery.ca $26,801 May 06
Financing.ca $12,000 Apr 06
Traffic.ca $12,902 Apr 06
Savings.ca $36,050 Mar 06
Searching.ca $31,500 Jun 05
Resto.ca $11,611 Apr 05
Blog.ca $20,201 Feb 05

Of course if you search for prices of 10k and under you'll get way more results than that.
 
And you have to wonder how many .ca domains are sold without nda's that don't get reported as well because of the old Canadian adage of being a quiet and a non-boisterous bunch - quite unlike those buying and selling the latest 'mobile' extension.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom