• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Calculating how much DN Forum makes $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trentino said:
We love you buddy!!! I don't think it's being rude. I was actually looking at the site on the Wayback Machine to see how it has progressed in look, feel, and function over the years and it's amazing to think that at one point it only had a handful of users. Now it is one of the key sources in the world for learning about domains, buying and selling, and meeting and reaping the benefits of an expert staff and forum members. So I really don't see nothing rude about looking at the success of the site from a monetary standpoint. Just remember that the numbers always tell a tale in part!

:-)
<3 :-D
 
I have been reading this thread for the past couple days. I kept telling myself
to stay out of it.

I thought for sure it would go away. But, people keep adding to it.

So, I guess I will add my two cents.

For the few dollars I have paid towards DNF, I have gotten it back 10,000 times. Probably, even more.

For the 3 years that I have been in this business, DNF helped me thru the learning curve of the domain business.

And, whenever I can, I try to pass it on to the guys coming into the game now.

Do you realize how much it would cost if you had to hire a business consultant compared to the professional advise you get for free here?

I know how much Adam paid for DNF. (I don't know if it is public knowledge or not.)

But, you don't know how much he has put into DNF in add'l MONEY, TIME and EFFORT.

DNF has a market value but it is irrelevant to him.

I was taught that is wrong to count other people's money. And, as Edwin and others have expressed. It is in poor taste to do it.

And, to add insult to injury, you are doing it on his server time.


Now, if you want to count someone's money? Count Bill Gates!!!
 
"Now, if you want to count someone's money? Count Bill Gates!!!"

Heh good point.... On a side note I don't think this thread is rude..... its expressing respect/awe/envy towards the guy and his great work ..... nothing negative.
 
domainstrike said:
"Now, if you want to count someone's money? Count Bill Gates!!!"

Heh good point.... On a side note I don't think this thread is rude..... its expressing respect/awe/envy towards the guy and his great work ..... nothing negative.


imo..

unless you are the "gov/taxman", then imo.... you have no priviledge's to calculate my/your earnings or present a formula or theory based on inaccurate assumptions about my/your revenues.

even if you do conceive this notion,you go and post it,without even asking....


in "ol skool" language.. it's like putting somebody on "front street"!

for those who don't know---you better ask somebody!

all up in somebody's business without permission, will get you the "smack down" in the hood.


imo..
 
Edwin said:
It's quite a rude exercise - like a group of people wandering round somebody's house after they were invited over, and comparing notes aloud about exactly how much the property, furniture etc. are worth while the host is listening.

Think about it!

If I lived in a mansion (DNF) then I would be flattered. However if I lived in a trailer then maybe I would think it's rude. I don't see a problem with it personally since it's pure speculation anyways. No one is attacking Adam or the site. It's been discussed a few times what value DNF has so why not a speculative thread about it's income. No one but Adam knows anyways.

Anyways I bet he makes at least 100k a year on this site. If not then he should quit the domain game and become a construction worker. :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom