• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Can Google Page Rank Be Manipulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'same

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
What's going on here?

Strange thing happened while I was checking out some domain names which were for sale. The sellers were claiming Google PR and it was showing up while on their page but if I typed in the complete URL no page rank. Also my Google toolbar PR extension, Firefox PR addon and D.R.T showed no page rank.

Eg: http://anywebsiteexample.com --- PR3
http://www.anywebsiteexample.com --- PR0 No PR at all...

Can anyone explain what's going on here....as I am seeing this a lot on sites advertising domains for sale elsewhere.

Cheers
 
"Fornit"

Why?
Same site...whois info is same....onpage content same.....when I test reputable sites using same method pagerank remains the same. Also some of the domain names the pagerank don't change....

Unless there is a reasonable explanation from a website knowledgeable person here....it remains fishy to me.
 
this is why it's better to use same url when you place your link on other sites.
if you use, www in front, always use www in front.
if you use without www, then, keep it same.

I am not sure, but, there has been some discussion that if you use www and without www,
you may dividing your page rank.
 
My limited knowledge tell me that if I am landing on your homepage that the pagerank should be the same regardless of how I get there. If its a domain name I can understand the pagerank dropping after awhile but if you are listing a domain name you should know if it still has pagerank, so as not to mislead buyers IMHO.

Cheers..
 
because the dns can point to different locations
 
Page rank manipulation is easy and much used by the pump and dumper sales crowd. That verified member badge is worth gold, hence the color.
 
Thanks Stocdoctor and the rest:

I thought so as it didn't make sense what I was seeing and all the tools were saying no pagerank but the Owners were advertising pagerank.
 
I found this in a search, sorry.

But I'm trying to boost my main site's page rank. It's been up for about 3 months and I somehow picked up a 1, but I have no idea how I managed that.

How exactly can you boost your page rank, even if you don't necessarily have content?
 
PR with 'www' and without 'www' has nothing to do with manipulation but rather with domain management at hosting level. A SEO specialist will tell you that it's best to forward either one to the same with a redirect, e.g. all 'www' traffic to non-'www' or vice versa.

Check out the PR for both www.Acroplex.com and Acroplex.com - both show a PR5.
 
I found this in a search, sorry.

But I'm trying to boost my main site's page rank. It's been up for about 3 months and I somehow picked up a 1, but I have no idea how I managed that.

How exactly can you boost your page rank, even if you don't necessarily have content?

Backlinks, backlinks, and content are the three major ways I increase PR on my sites :smilewinkgrin:
 
PR with 'www' and without 'www' has nothing to do with manipulation but rather with domain management at hosting level. A SEO specialist will tell you that it's best to forward either one to the same with a redirect, e.g. all 'www' traffic to non-'www' or vice versa.

Check out the PR for both www.Acroplex.com and Acroplex.com - both show a PR5.

Have checked out your what you explained and it makes sense.....thanks for clearing that up for me.....Great sites your two....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom