• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Canada to ban incandescent light bulbs by 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

think

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
I think this is a great step in the right direction.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070425/sc_nm/lightbulbs_env_dc

Australia hope to eliminate incandescent bulbs even sooner ,2009.

From the above linked article:

"Canada will ban the sale of inefficient incandescent light bulbs by 2012 as part of a plan to cut down on emissions of greenhouse gases, Natural Resources Minister Gary Lunn said on Wednesday.

Canada is the second country in the world to announce such a ban. Australia said in February it would get rid of all incandescent bulbs by 2009.

"Making the switch to more efficient lighting is one of the easiest and most effective things we can do to reduce energy use and harmful emissions," Lunn told a news conference.

If households installed compact fluorescent bulbs -- which use about 75 percent less electricity than old-style bulbs -- they could save C$50 ($44) a year, he said.

"By banning inefficient lighting, we can reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by more than 6 million tonnes per year," Lunn said.

The ban will not apply to uses where incandescent bulbs are still the only practical alternative."
 
I'm not sure about how others feel but i hate flourecent lighting. There have been numerous studies done that flourecent lighting is bad for your health.
 
low energy bulbs are order of the day then?
i'm sure i have a nice dotcom of this knocking around :smilewinkgrin:
 
I'm not sure about how others feel but i hate flourecent lighting. There have been numerous studies done that flourecent lighting is bad for your health.

Don't smoke them then :smilewinkgrin:
 
Don't smoke them then :smilewinkgrin:

Do some research CFL's do not give off the full spectrum of light and also contain mercury, so while we are saving energy we are filling landfills with these things. of course they are supposed to be recycled but the average person is more likely to just throw then in the trash. In my opinion CFL's are a step in the right direction but not the best solution.
 
So, Canada is doing away with lightbulbs leaving them further in the dark?:smilewinkgrin:
 
There is no good reason not to ban them, the USA needs to do it as well.
 
I'm not sure about how others feel but i hate flourecent lighting. There have been numerous studies done that flourecent lighting is bad for your health.

Beat me to it...

Seriously, I can't stand that lighting either.
 
low energy bulbs are order of the day then?
i'm sure i have a nice dotcom of this knocking around :smilewinkgrin:

Domain Name: LOWENERGYBULB.COM

Registrant [442147]:

Beat me to it.... :smilewinkgrin:
 
I'm not sure about how others feel but i hate flourecent lighting. There have been numerous studies done that flourecent lighting is bad for your health.

I forgot that there are health issues related to compact florescent lights and that some people don't like the light they produce for day to day living conditions.

I wasn't as much a fan of mandated environmental steps as it is the impact that the using of CP lighting will have on green house emissions by reducing electrical demands.....
 
What the difference, lights are killing us no matter how you look at it. All the power puts stuff into the air, that we take in every day so we get it no matter what we do.
 
I forgot that there are health issues related to compact florescent lights and that some people don't like the light they produce for day to day living conditions.

I wasn't as much a fan of mandated environmental steps as it is the impact that the using of CP lighting will have on green house emissions by reducing electrical demands.....

??
 
I hope there's a proper plan in place to have these things recycled.

I can't imagine mercury from improperly disposed florescent bulbs would be much better than greenhouse gases.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom