• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

careerbuider.com at $18600.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any predictions where this will end second time around?
 
Price dropped again to $6700. Guess mighty Denny belled out? I didn't know you can cancel your bid in the last day.
 
I actually INCREASED the bid and when I did the price RESET to normal state, that means $100 over last bid under me. I was surprised by it too, because it showed before like someone bid 9900 before me. It finally sold $13,600 (not to me). Originally I wanted bid even more, but checking the CB WIPOs, I decided not to.
 
Good decision Denny! Wonder when the C & D Letter goes out??
 
Good decision Denny! Wonder when the C & D Letter goes out??

C&D are rare, WIPOs even rarer. But as I told - this is just statistics. However I am not that big, so to loose 18 grand would screw my stats. But for someone who is is doing 6-7 digit monthly on parking it is not only worth the risk, it is necessity. If someone need to reinvest 6-7 digit amount every month it can not be done on $100 domains.

I had actually one more reason: for those days drops - OVT was strange. I got burned a little with another domain which had OVT 180 but gets only 30~40 visitors/day. So if this domain would get only 200/day...:faint:
 
Denny's comments made me curious as to whether OVT had been manipulated (easy to do). So I compared against Vurr with the following results:

Overture (careerbuider.com / careerbuilder.com)
929/226,956 ==> 4/1,000

Vurr (careerbuider.com / careerbuilder.com)
11/1,629 ==> 7/1,000

My conclusion; no manipulation in this case.

Cheers,
BidNo
 
I was not telling intentionally manipulated. Maybe too many people did research via yahoo and manipulated it (?). Other example, I have about 1.5 years old OVT results:
careerbuilder.com 351364 / careerbuider.com 763 ==> 2/1000
Current ovt without ext
career builder 180000 / career buider 0 ==> 0/100
careerbuilder 171752 / careerbuider 28 ==> 2/10000
(1.5 years ago it was 191/231398 ==> 8/10000
Google
"career builder" 1M / "career buider" 330
"careerbuilder" 70M / "careerbuider" 1200

Soo all these numbers are like warning to me and considering at same time I got a domain with OVT 180 which has only 30 uniweus day I decided to not bid over 13 grand. If it was good decision or not I will probably never know, so be it.
 
CareerBuilder is VERY aggressive with pursuing trademark infringements...I had a 58 ovt w/ ext careerbuilder typo taken from me within the first 3 months. I would value this name at 3-6 months revenue. Be glad you didn't buy it Denny.
 
We will see - I have one CB typo OVT 60 for one year, no problem yet. At same day as this one was dropping another four nice typos of CB (this one was best though). All of it sold for bigger multiply, 2 on Snapnames was most expansive - OVT 200 -> $4,600 and OVT 130 -> $2,220 (OVT multiply 23 and 17).
Other two in clubdrop OVT 791 -> $10,100 and OVT 148 -> $2,700 (OVT multiply 12.8 and 18.2), so actually the OVT 791 sold for lowest multiply...
 
Denny you mentioned:
(1.5 years ago it was 191/231398 ==> 8/10000
Google
"career builder" 1M / "career buider" 330
"careerbuilder" 70M / "careerbuider" 1200

How did you get the 1.5 years ago data?
 
Denny you mentioned:
(1.5 years ago it was 191/231398 ==> 8/10000
Google
"career builder" 1M / "career buider" 330
"careerbuilder" 70M / "careerbuider" 1200

How did you get the 1.5 years ago data?

There is site for it, but...
I can not find bookmark :-D
 
Do they sold you a database with one time payment? or is it a recurring payment?
Is it a legit business ? I mean, aren't they scrapping this lists from other provider?
 
I am wondering the same thing... do you have buy new database every 6-12 month or so? Some of those data don't seem accurate....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom